Did you already have coronavirus in January or February?

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
Gotta wonder in my case. Mid January I developed what acted like a post-viral cough, something I always get after colds. No travel, not even to major US cities. So probably not COVID but as many times as I have had post viral cough, I have never had it w/o a clear viral infection first. Does make me wonder. No other symptoms at all, ever. Once serological tests are readily available, it might be worth seeing. Another data point if nothing else.

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Interesting post. Around mid-January I had an awful fever followed by hacking cough that persisted for a week after spending several days skiing in Aspen/Vail. Met folks from LA, SF, Boston, Seattle, NYC, other countries too (Europe/Australia/NZ). The illness was bizarre - I thought my chest was going to explode, the cough was very deep and intense. I get a flu shot every year, so I wondered what could've caused it. Might be a good idea to check seroprevalence in ski towns, many of us suspect a lot of infection there and since many are relatively healthy, they could be asymptomatic and spread the virus to other areas.

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
One of the common differences between the flu and COVID (as well as some other non-flu and non-COVID illnesses) is that flu very commonly has some pretty severe muscle aches, typically in the major leg muscles, but other muscles as well. This is less common (but not unheard of) with COVID and some other viral illnesses.

Reactions: Aspen20
Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
One of the common differences between the flu and COVID (as well as some other non-flu and non-COVID illnesses) is that flu very commonly has some pretty severe muscle aches, typically in the major leg muscles, but other muscles as well. This is less common (but not unheard of) with COVID and some other viral illnesses.
Agree with you. I found it odd that I didn't have any muscle aches (I've had a bad episode of flu in 2009 with severe muscle aches and that's why I now get vaccinated for flu every year, and I haven't had it since). Last January, I just a fever for 3 days, then nonstop coughing. I was tired and exhausted after coughing too much ... my lungs ached. I felt fatigued but probably that's because I couldn't sleep properly. Would be interested if we did have COVID19 then!

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
The coronavirus started spreading within the United States in January, but chances that you have had it are probably low.
I am an 80 year old male in good health and in physical form. I have been staying in Europe (Bosnia) since November 2019, where I was vaccinated against the flu. About December 20., I got an unusual chest cold that developed very fast—within a period of about 24 hours—with feeling of discomfort and pressure in the lungs. I never had the same signs of cold before in my life. The situation was daily progressing for worse and soon I started coughing flam. However, I did not have a fever (I usually do not develop it when having colds) although I felt sick and restless, but I did not have to stay in bed. That ‘chest cold‘ or whatever it was lasted about 5-6 weeks, which was too long for my every year winter blues.
The only remedy I used was an equal mix of 100% etheric oils: basil, oregano, and tea tree that I was sniffing through the nose and mouth a few times during a day. And each time I did it, I felt kind of relief. As long as I can remember, whenever I get a cold I get my sinuses inflamed. This time nothing happened and I believe this positive development was due to etheric oil sniffing.
I will wait for the pandemic to settle down before I check my blood for a possible covid19 signs.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
The coronavirus started spreading within the United States in January, but chances that you have had it are probably low.

Did you already have coronavirus in January or February? : Read more
I got sick around the 7th of December, started with a fever that wouldn't break, no nasal congestion. I just remember feeling like I had been hit with a truck, not because of muscle ache but just felt weak, went to the doctor 2 days later and was tested negative for the flu, and it was not bronchitis, he said it was a virus and gave me a steroid shot, antibiotics, and something for chest congestion, because I had quickly developed a rattle on my chest. The cough was a deep cough that just racked my body and lasted 3.5 weeks, I had my sense of smell but I lost my sense of taste.
I have been wondering if I got a strain of Coronavirus and has it mutated into what it is now. Would be nice to be able to get an antibody test, but I don't qualify for one, according to the dept. of health.

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
Would be nice to be able to get an antibody test, but I don't qualify for one, according to the dept. of health.

Tell me about it. I know they are short of tests, but these somewhat arbitrary standards, most set by health departments, are getting in the way of getting a handle on this. We have a virus that often has few if any symptoms and they are saying we need "X" symptoms to get a test (either type). Typical rigid and stupid government policy. It ought to be up to the physician, period.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
I wonder the same thing. I spent 3 days snowboarding in BC in a cat with 12 people
4 from San Francisco, 3 from Portland and 3 from Seattle and the two of us from New England.
Feb 2 came down with all the symptoms of COVID, took weeks to shake

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Interesting post. Around mid-January I had an awful fever followed by hacking cough that persisted for a week after spending several days skiing in Aspen/Vail. Met folks from LA, SF, Boston, Seattle, NYC, other countries too (Europe/Australia/NZ). The illness was bizarre - I thought my chest was going to explode, the cough was very deep and intense. I get a flu shot every year, so I wondered what could've caused it. Might be a good idea to check seroprevalence in ski towns, many of us suspect a lot of infection there and since many are relatively healthy, they could be asymptomatic and spread the virus to other areas.
Interesting.... Just out of curiosity, do you remember eating any type of seafood right before you got sick?

May 11, 2020
Visit site
At the end of February, my dh had been traveling in Jan/Feb....me in Jan within the US on business. He came down with a chest cold, fever, etc....then I had a sore throat, and chest congestion. At the time, I thought it was the flu but also felt that it was so different. I haven't had the flu since I was in my 30s. In my 50s now. But I remember the first night, the sore throat, but a horrible headache. I wasn't dehydrated because all I drank was water. It's all I wanted. Didn't want anything to eat. Second day, had a fever, chills, and back hurt so bad along with body aches. Finally the headache went away the third day, and fever about the fourth day, then was left with no energy, no appetite. Just drank water, and took Nyquil for the first two nights to sleep but after that did nothing but sleep almost all day for 5 days. Left with only congestion but not a bad cough at all. No sinus problems at all. Kept waiting to have a runny or stopped up nose but nothing. It was weird but I also was reminded by a teacher friend recently that around the end of December/first of January, the school kids all got something along with the teachers. Drs around here were telling them it was like the flu but wasn't the flu, and they couldn't figure out what it was. They did have to close down the schools after coming back from Christmas/New Years holiday. I'm convinced we all had Covid-19 just didn't know what it was at the time. I have another friend that is getting tested to see if they did really have it. He, his wife, and son. I may do the same.

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
I had a very bad cough in December that lasted at least two weeks. I had trouble breathing which was scary at times. I went through bottles of NyQuil and packs of DayQuil but nothing really helped for long. I lost my sense of taste, which never happened with a cold or flu before. Everything I drank was like water. Food had no taste. I had fever and chills with uncontrollable shaking. I didn’t have any body aches like I get with the flu. It really makes me wonder if I had covid. I think if they tested people for the antibodies, they’d find it was here earlier than they think.

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
It's funny, I've been saying I think I had it in January before they had a name for it.
BECAUSE: I had not had the flu since 1972 that's 48 years ago! It was going toward my lungs this time, my weak point, and it crossed my mind to go to the ER, but I didn't want to spend money if possible. I did recover with the infection just in my upper respiratory but you know it's dangerous if it gets to your lungs. Coughing up stuff for couple of weeks after.
So just had it in my bronchial tubes.

Sep 2, 2021
Visit site

Did you already have coronavirus in January or February? : Read more
My grandson was very sick in early January of 2020, he was tested for every strain of the flu...all negative; he hasn't been sick since.
He got tested for the antibodies last week and showed a high level of antibodies. We live just outside of Nashville so this has been spreading for longer and in more places than people think.
It's almost impossible to know accurately all of the entry points because of our lax border polices...If we're only checking statistics related to people coming through customs we are missing a large (maybe the majority) of foreigners coming into this country.

What we really need is wide scale testing for the presence of the antibodies.