Question Did the ancients really have high-tech chops?

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
So...you intellectually curious out there...I've seen a bunch of stuff online about how this or that ancient civilization really had this amazing technology that's been lost to time. A lot of it seems to be about the pyramids and how the ancient Egyptians could not have built them with out spaceships or whatever. But is there any real evidence of advanced technology/understanding that's been lost?

Reactions: jeanna
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, that's really interesting. Crazy how ancient peoples seem to have spent so much time trying to figure out the cycles of the moon and the planets...with all the gigantic stone monuments linked to the stars and everything. I wonder how much of that was religion and how much was more science-y.

It seems like they could have focused their efforts on doing other things to build their societies rather than worrying about the heavens...but then again I'm sure they were doing that too. And maybe it's hard to concentrate when the sun keeps randomly disappearing.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
As far as evidence goes, it’s probably buried under some desert, or polar ice cap, or ocean.

But I think of all of the ancient works of wonder, the Nazca Lines prove to me that at the very least there was someone flying around in the sky long before the Wright Brothers.

Why else “draw” those images if not to communicate to something in the clouds?