Demon with Forked Tongue Found on Clay Tablet in Library of Assyrian Exorcists

Since it was from ancient Iraq I would be more inclined to believe it is a drawing of the Anunnaki then of some demon. I mean how do we even know what a demon looks like? Demons are usually invisible. I know the later Christians demonized the Pagan god Pan who kind of looks like the portrayal of a devil today.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
As per Hindu/Indian Mythology Demon is designated by its devilish character & is generally considered as a Scholar in normal life but under influence of emotion demon acts Inhumane

As per Hindu/Indian Mythology Demon is designated by its devilish character & is generally considered as a Scholar in normal life but under influence of emotion demon acts Inhumane

Wasn't it actually called Diva to begin with in the ancient Hindu. Now why is it considered mythology if it is Hindu/Indian but if it is the Bible it's not considered mythology? Shouldn't we also say the Bible mythology also?

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Wasn't it actually called Diva to begin with in the ancient Hindu. Now why is it considered mythology if it is Hindu/Indian but if it is the Bible it's not considered mythology? Shouldn't we also say the Bible mythology also?
yes.True. Point is well taken. During my reply, Mythology is right term and locality is India/Asia and Religion addition was for clarity sake only.

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Since it was from ancient Iraq I would be more inclined to believe it is a drawing of the Anunnaki then of some demon. I mean how do we even know what a demon looks like? Demons are usually invisible. I know the later Christians demonized the Pagan god Pan who kind of looks like the portrayal of a devil today.
Thanks for that comment. I had not really considered that Pan-as-demon fact with regards to religious agenda. >:)