Covid Deaths per 100k.

Prior to the vaccination rollout, many developed countries recorded high death rates from COVID, especially when comparing to less developed nations.

There are many arguments why which have ranged from poor Government responses in the UK, slow reactions, under-funding for healthcare systems over the years etc...

The current world of political correctness and fear of offending people in my opinion has caused a lot of unnecessary deaths and no government would realistically make the following suggestion-

The UK has recorded a large number of Covid deaths, especially when comparing to other nations but we have to remember that we have kept many people alive that would not survive in other nations. We have created generations of [morbidly] obese people which again we have been able to keep alive where other nations are unable to.
The reality of the situation we have a population susceptible to ill-health and we re limited on how many years we can artificially add to life expectancy, so when a new illness occurs, it is the success of our successive healthcare that we suffer the greatest now.

I wonder how much validity is in the above and how the Government can slowly maneuver the population without being called a nanny state.

Reactions: Stan
Personal opinion: The covid-19 pandemic information from start to on-going is rife with incompetence, mendacity, cupidity, stupidity and hubris from scientists, politicians and people. For individuals, the immediate priorities are to get vaccinated. and to follow the safety guidelines. Any data about the pandemic morbidity and mortality should be considered incomplete if not suspect.

Personal opinion: The covid-19 pandemic information from start to on-going is rife with incompetence, mendacity, cupidity, stupidity and hubris from scientists, politicians and people. For individuals, the immediate priorities are to get vaccinated. and to follow the safety guidelines. Any data about the pandemic morbidity and mortality should be considered incomplete if not suspect.

I do not disagree with you but if you had the above situations playing out exactly in two identical countries, one with an average age of 60 and another with an average age of 40 I would argue that COVID is more dangerous to the elderly, so the country with average age 60 would suffer.
I would also argue that medical care and medications have kept people alive whom would not have survived even 30 year ago, so we have more elderly. The elderly are now forming large groups whether retirement villages, care homes or holiday homes e.g. Spain - The first peak of deaths occurred around February 2020 which for me was insufficient time for countries to react to a situation and occurred in predominantly people that would not have been alive if the medical position was equivalent to the 1970s.

Reactions: Stan and Snorrie
Per the above posts, Roj5, whose points are apropos and well taken. I agree that life expectancy in developed and some developing countries has been extended since the 1970's. Such for me is/was a laudable achievement based upon economics especially the global economy. What now might lessen that situation, (and literally frightens me), is the fact that covid-19 has many variants which for now mostly target the 65+ age range, and those with certain underlying medical conditions irrespective of age. However, that seems to be changing due to virus mutation. Yes. Two identical countries with different average ages would experience markedly different morbidity and mortality total numbers , (not average per 100K), given the pandemic conditions of the last year. The current global mortality rate, (mortality divided by morbidity) is ~2+% based upon incomplete and questionable data. The infuriating aspect is that since 2017 a pandemic was anticipated, however, when that happened truth was suppressed/denied and medical resources were overburdened/lacking/not used, (my observation in the U.S.). OK! I'll cease ranting.

Mar 30, 2022
Visit site
I agree that life expectancy in developed and some developing countries has been extended since the 1970's. Such for me is/was a laudable achievement based upon economics especially the global economy. What now might lessen that situation, (and literally frightens me), is the fact that covid-19 has many variants which for now mostly target the 65+ age range, and those with certain underlying medical conditions irrespective of age. However, that seems to be changing due to virus mutation. Yes.

Reactions: Snorrie
Almost 2 two years into the covid-19 pandemic not much improvement in the way of usable statistical reporting has occurred. Nor has any accountability been clarified. In the U.S., a 2nd booster shot for those 65 and older is now recommended. I recommend that before getting the 2nd booster, check with ones' health care provider. Note: the current covid-19 Home Test has an approx. 15% error rate. Feel free to do the Bayesian statistics before spending any hard earned money. The future outcome in the developed world appears to be an annual or semi-annual covid-19 booster shot(s) akin to the annual flu shot which is modulated for the recipient's age. Thus, in a tired frustration, the wise Yiddish saying comes to mind ...... "There's always something".

Apr 5, 2022
Visit site
Prior to the vaccination rollout, many developed countries recorded high death rates from COVID, especially when comparing to less developed nations.

There are many arguments why which have ranged from poor Government responses in the UK, slow reactions, under-funding for healthcare systems over the years etc...

The current world of political correctness and fear of offending people in my opinion has caused a lot of unnecessary deaths and no government would realistically make the following suggestion-

The UK has recorded a large number of Covid deaths, especially when comparing to other nations but we have to remember that we have kept many people alive that would not survive in other nations. We have created generations of [morbidly] obese people which again we have been able to keep alive where other nations are unable to.
The reality of the situation we have a population susceptible to ill-health and we re limited on how many years we can artificially add to life expectancy, so when a new illness occurs, it is the success of our successive healthcare that we suffer the greatest now.

I wonder how much validity is in the above and how the Government can slowly maneuver the population without being called a nanny state.

T-Mobile Headquarters Address – If you are finding T-Mobile Headquarters, T Mobile Address, T-Mobile Corporate Phone Number also find out here.

This blog content each and every details information about T-Mobile Corporate Office and T-Mobile HQ Covering corporate office near me location find out here.

T-Mobile customer service number, T-Mobile complaint department etc. If you need Head Office T Mobile Bellevue Address, fax number, media profile find out here.

https://officeheadquartersinfo.com/

As of today China is enforcing mass lockdowns involving millions of people in at least two major cities. There is even proposals for culling the pets of those with the latest strain/variant of covid-19. Awful indeed. Personally I would like to see the sundry government bureaucrats in all governments face criminally and civilly liable for their wrong, politically motivated decisions that are marked with cupidity, malevolence and sheer ideological stupidity. The salient questions that the voters need to ask are: "Are the covid-19 vaccines and boosters effective and if so for how long and at what percentage(s)"? "Are alternative treatments for covid-19 effective , and if so can they be used and are they readily available"? "How does natural immunity work with covid-19 and how long does it last and is such variable by variant"? IMO, governments can not be trusted; the individual must do the research, consult with health care providers and make their own decisions. ....... and VOTE.