COVID-19 - WHAT WE BASE IT ON

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Why in the UK are we using Covid infection cases instead of using hospital admission and death numbers for our responses to it?

There approximately 1500 deaths per day in the UK and we are concerned about 11 of those per day - WHY?

A little about me
62 year old male with an estimated MENSA IQ level of around 160 which is roughly the same as the late Professor Stephen Hawking BUT I am nowhere near as clever as he was !!

Last edited:
Why in the UK are we using Covid infection cases instead of using hospital admission and death numbers for our responses to it?

I would be uncomfortable with hospital admission rates as these typically are two weeks+ after infection so you would always be running two weeks in delay.
France posted over 10000 positive results today with 17 deaths... Under your scenario there is no need to react.. The 10000 infect 1.5 people each, so you have 10000+15000 and maybe only 25 deaths, but these 24975 are still deteriorating in health and may continue to...

As an update and based on a 14-day delay (appreciate that you cannot base on a single day, but it does give a pattern/ indication). Source Worldometers.

UK Infections 09 Spetember : 2659
UK deaths (COVID19) 23 September : 37

UK Infections 23 September : 6178
UK Deaths (COVID19) 07 October : 100+?

Arguably you should use 28 days but you get the picture,,, Then the number of hospitilsations of ill taking space/ resources.