COVID-19 might cause loss of smell. Here’s what that could mean.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Vitamin E and B-12 Deficiencies
When you’re zinc deficient, your body can’t produce healthy, new cells. This leads to symptoms such as:
unexplained weight loss
wounds that won’t heal
lack of alertness
decreased sense of smell and taste
diarrhea
loss of appetite
open sores on the skin

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Considered Glutathione deficiency/ depletion?

A personal observation is that of glutathione deficiency in all underlying conditions seen in COVID-19 mortality, which is true in relation to the elderly. I am not an expert in the field, but given the crisis I have been trying to find a link among those who have succumbed to the disease in the hope to add to the existing body of knowledge.
There is evidence to suggest that glutathione depletion results in H2O2 accumulation and resulting 'cytokine storm', inflammation of lung parenchyma, lung fibrosis, microcirculatory dysfunction, progression to refractory hypotension and fatal septic shock.
Could more efficient cellular viral entry through increased ACE2 receptors in COVID-19 patients on ARBs and ACEi, mean more rapid depletion of already deficient glutathione reserves? Could the morbidity of COVID-19 in addition to atypical RAS signalling, be the accummulation of H2O2 and xenobiotic stress as a result of glutathione depletion? Could environmental conditions, lifestyle and dietary choices add to xenobiotic stress in symptomatic COVID-19 patients. Some of which could include carbon-monoxide exposure, cigarette smoking (low glutathione), narcotic abuse, excessive use of acetaminophen (? Tylenol), ibubrophen use, asbestos exposure, mercury exposure, mycotoxin exposure (black mould), aflatoxin contaminated food and milk (endemic in certain areas of the globe).
Symptoms of Glutathione depletion:
- Shortness of breath
- Cough
- Sepsis
- Nitric oxide deficiency
- Refractory hypotension
- Lung injury
- Fibrosis
Perhaps simple substances that boost glutathione reserves like N-acetylcysteine (mucolytic, reduces fibrosis and pneumonia); alpha lipoic acid, L-glutamine; L-glutathione etc. could improve outcomes of symptomatic patients and prevent adverse reactions in high-risk population.
I may have gone off on a tangent or perhaps this theory has substance.
Thanks.

Reactions: hebden
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
I think Alpha Linolenic Acid (omega 3) could be taken prophylactically to help lower the risk of developing Pneumonia which I think is one of the complications that can develop in serious covid-19 cases.
Note: Alpha-linolenic acid is not the same as alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that helps the body turn glucose into energy. This can be confusing because both alpha-linolenic acid and alpha-lipoic acid are sometimes abbreviated as ALA.

Last edited:
Reactions: hebden
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Glutathione supplementation sounds interesting, just not the inhalation of Glutathione since inhaling Glutathione can make asthma worse, inhalation of Glutathione may make covid-19 worse so to be safe just use Glutathione pills or injections..
see

Last edited: