COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death in the United States

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Yep... complete horse s***.

But then... that's the narrative... and the only solution is to curl up in a ball, capitulate to authority, and hide in your home... because the only treatment option available is being demonized because 1 out of 2000 people who use it might have a reaction... and also

...VACCINES TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

Hey... we don't have one... and no one has yet managed to make one that works for the coronavirus family of pathogens... but VACCINES!!!!

There's billionaires in a number of places rubbing their greedy hands together thinking about all the money and control they are garnering here.

Reactions: James DeMeo
Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Of course, CV19 will surpass cancer. We are being told eventually everyone will test positive and dead people that test positive are being counted as a CV19 victim. No good crisis shall go unexploited!

Reactions: James DeMeo
Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Okay. No, it didn't and will not overtake heart disease or cancer. Heart disease and cancer data is taken over the course of a year. We have lost 320,000 people to these diseases this year alone!! 840,000 died from heart disease alone in 2016. What was the peak daily death count of heart disease last year? This article doesn't say. Cancer? Doesn't say. This is literally the WORST kind of reporting out there. "COVID 19 is now the leading cause of death in the U.S., not by a longshot. Laura Geggel, you need to be terminated from any position related to reporting immediately, heck resign, recuse yourself indefinitely, you ARE part of the problem and should walk around with your head down in shame for falsely reporting such things.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
FALSE AND MISLEADING. CDC just announced a few days ago that anyone even "suspected" of being a Covid19 patient gets that put on their death certificate. No testing is required. So a person with flu, pneumonia, heart attack, cancer death, you name it, is open to be listed as a Covid19 death. And hence, the numbers of Covid19 deaths are artifically boosted up, even the AMA is recommending this procedure, and hosptials are happly also because medicare payments are increased by around $13,000 merely for an identification of Covid19. Three times as much is given if the person is put on a deadly ventillator, which is no small measure, very traumatic and probably kills a lot of people upon whom it is demanded. These procedures and data-rule changes were instituted without scientific justifications, apparently to jazz up the Covid19 numbers in agreement with the Big Push for mandatory vaccinations being rushed into production. Disreputable characters like Bill Gates and Dr. Anthony Fauci want to lord over the American public like Grand Inquisitors, with mandatory vaccines and rf-id chips that inform who got the vaccine and who not -- and from there, the public will be segregated, with vaccine-dissenters treated like leppers, refused entry to public events and spaces, like the Chinese communists. Fauci says, even returning back to "normal" will not happen, that forever more we must distance ourselves, wear face masks, not shake hands, etc. The guy is a neurotic germophobe and medical totalitarian. So many problems and deceptions going on, the CDC and medical establishment cannot be trusted anymore, and now also it appears, neither can Space.com. Sad.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Um sorry this is not correct at all. According to the CDC this is the top causes of death
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
Heart disease: 647,457. Cancer: 599,108. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936. Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.

FastStats - Deaths and Mortality - Centers for Disease Control
www.cdc.gov › nchs › fastats › deaths

There has only been 21,409 in the States and 113,902 world wide as of April 12, 2020, 16:01 GMT . https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?#countries
You are an idiot not doing research.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Um sorry this is not correct at all. According to the CDC this is the top causes of death
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
Heart disease: 647,457. Cancer: 599,108. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936. Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, table B pdf icon
"Deaths: Final Data for 2017"

Talk about not doing research. You're using numbers from 2017. Thank you for the laugh.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
FALSE AND MISLEADING.
That's just not true. There are very specific guidelines. And it appears to be up to the medical professionals to determine the cause of death. Obviously, having symptoms similar to the virus would raise a flag.
Also, many cannot get tested so the doctor has to guess. These are labelled “probable” or “presumed.” https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf The rest of your rant isn't even worth responding to.

The coronavirus will not be the leading cause of death in the United States. But people need to stop replying with BS.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, table B pdf icon
"Deaths: Final Data for 2017"

Talk about not doing research. You're using numbers from 2017. Thank you for the laugh.

I used this source: CDC and Johns Hopkins 3/22/2020 3:30 p.m. So sorry your still wrong.

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Okay. No, it didn't and will not overtake heart disease or cancer. Heart disease and cancer data is taken over the course of a year. We have lost 320,000 people to these diseases this year alone!! 840,000 died from heart disease alone in 2016. What was the peak daily death count of heart disease last year? This article doesn't say. Cancer? Doesn't say. This is literally the WORST kind of reporting out there. "COVID 19 is now the leading cause of death in the U.S., not by a longshot. Laura Geggel, you need to be terminated from any position related to reporting immediately, heck resign, recuse yourself indefinitely, you ARE part of the problem and should walk around with your head down in shame for falsely reporting such things.

No sure you understand what you are looking at

after about two months the covid-19 total as of 14th April is only about 26K but the daily rate of over 2400 fatalities exceeds the daily rate of heart disease or cancer for the first time.

Suggest this link

https://ritholtz.com/2020/04/leading-daily-cause-of-death/

With a full 12 months of data this may be the case

If Covid-19 is not killing a lot of people, why are the funeral homes running 24/7, morgues are full, overflow of bodies are being stored in refrigerated vans and mass burials are occurring. This is not normal.

There will be some overlap with other diseases, but it appears to be in addition to other causes of death resulting in an increase of the mortality rate in the USA and across the entire global.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Last updated: April 15, 2020, 15:22 GMT
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

129100 is 0.0016551282051282% of 7800000000 the world population, while it has taken lives it is not even near 1% of the population and the recovery rate is clearly still in the 97 to 99 percentile so it is a very sad pandemic and is clear why it is not the leading cause of death.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
I used this source: CDC and Johns Hopkins 3/22/2020 3:30 p.m. So sorry your still wrong.
Which are referencing 2017 and 2018 numbers, as I said. It doesn't matter when the article was written. You really need to read the actual article.
COVID-19 is not the leading cause of death. But don't counter this article with old data.
We have no idea what the numbers are yet. It appears they will be skewed, as many doctors have mentioned, because of the virus.

129100 is 0.0016551282051282% of 7800000000 the world population, while it has taken lives it is not even near 1% of the population and the recovery rate is clearly still in the 97 to 99 percentile so it is a very sad pandemic and is clear why it is not the leading cause of death.
2,402,076 cases and 165,106 deaths gives you the mortality rate. Though we know both numbers are way off because of a few countries that absolutely would hide their true numbers.
Literally no one would ever take the number of deceased from something like this and compare it to the world population. That makes absolutely no sense.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Which are referencing 2017 and 2018 numbers, as I said. It doesn't matter when the article was written. You really need to read the actual article.
COVID-19 is not the leading cause of death. But don't counter this article with old data.
We have no idea what the numbers are yet. It appears they will be skewed, as many doctors have mentioned, because of the virus.

2,402,076 cases and 165,106 deaths gives you the mortality rate. Though we know both numbers are way off because of a few countries that absolutely would hide their true numbers.
Literally no one would ever take the number of deceased from something like this and compare it to the world population. That makes absolutely no sense.

Instead of wasting my time telling me to read you should actually read what I wrote because I am also saying it is not the leading cause of death and I have told you when the numbers were I am using. And literally many many ppl use the numbers as they show how they are not to a pandemic event and how much it is not spreading because in December and January this is what the WHO did. as far as unknown numbers they also know how to estimate projection by past events . I will also add the CDC has told hospitals to inflate the number of corona deaths by recording deaths that has happend by other cause to be listed as corona if they had signs of it.

Who are you anyhow to think you now this stuff son because it doesn't seem you know much.

Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Very Coincidental that ever since the CV 19 has rocked our shores Got ever cents CV 19 has rocked her Shores every cause of death has disappeared no one must being dying from heat attacks or strokes anymore.

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
LIAR LAURA GEGGELL

Why is NO ONE talking about this?

She cites a ONE DAY PEAK in 2020 of COVID deaths: 1,900 +
She compares it with the 2018 FULL YEAR average for a day: 1,700+
You can't compare a year-long average with a one day peak. That's asinine. And then say COVID is today, NOW, in 2020 the leading cause of death !!!/??

The average for COVID deaths in 2020 is 490 per day. That's less than 1/3 of the average they cites.
Author is a specious liar with the headline cuz she knows the average person won't read the rest and even the ones who do gloss over an average being compared with one day.

That's as STUPID as saying, "Billy is better than John. Billy scored 40 pts in one game." (and Billy never went over 10 the rest of the season while John averaged 30 points per game all year. We're some stupid sheep and the author is incompetent at best and purely evil and inentionally deceptive at worst.

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
We are all putting he/she down and this is not right. If I am wrong please correct me, but I do believe that i'm the only one saying something about this. This article is, yes, very wrong, and you should do more research before you start writing. But this does not give anyone the right to be a jerk. I'm not saying you can't feel a certain way about it. Feel however you want about it. But please, please do it nicely. - A 13 year old girl.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
We are all putting he/she down and this is not right. If I am wrong please correct me, but I do believe that i'm the only one saying something about this. This article is, yes, very wrong, and you should do more research before you start writing. But this does not give anyone the right to be a jerk. I'm not saying you can't feel a certain way about it. Feel however you want about it. But please, please do it nicely. - A 13 year old girl.
No you are not the only one I gave stats and cited sources, the coronavirus is not the leading cause of death in the US, CDC says "There are no data to support that theory,"False claims declaring that coronavirus has become the leading cause of death in the US have swirled as the US leads the world in coronavirus cases. Those claims are made by some experts comparing how many people die of coronavirus daily with the estimate of how many people may die daily on average of each leading cause of death, using CDC data. But we do know by looking at the death totals the two leading causes of death in the U.S., Heart Disease and Cancer, there is no way that at this point COVID-19 comes anywhere close to those totals," Lancashire said.

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
When I said "I do believe I am the only one saying something about this" I meant as in being nice. Not as in the information, and I'm not saying your wrong. I know how I sound, i'm 13 and 'I know nothing' i'm just trying to help and support. I'm sorry if I made you upset in any way, I just didn't like how everyone was treating her. I had to say something.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
When I said "I do believe I am the only one saying something about this" I meant as in being nice. Not as in the information, and I'm not saying your wrong. I know how I sound, i'm 13 and 'I know nothing' i'm just trying to help and support. I'm sorry if I made you upset in any way, I just didn't like how everyone was treating her. I had to say something.
You misunderstand, you did not offend me , I was just pointing out you weren't the only one. Wow, I wonder why my first response has the letters so big. We are good ok?