Could genetics explain why some COVID-19 patients fare worse than others?

khuber

BANNED
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
My personal experience tells me epigenetics, i.e., nutrition, lifestyle choices and the thoughts you choose to think far outweigh genes because genes are just blueprints. You are your own architect and builder. Your choices in response to the environment determine which genes express.

I used to get the flu. Now I do not get sick and have no need for a vaccine.

Reactions: kdn

khuber

BANNED
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I think our immune system is cyclic. And your immune reaction depends on the phase of that cycle.
Everything cyclic, even the vibrations of atoms, so yes, I think you are correct in postulating the immune system is cyclic as well.

No one has looked to see if there are common frequencies one might perceive by studying immune function over time, over generations. My guess is there are.

Cyclic means more than just a single cycle. Think energy which we perceive as vibrations.

Cycles are complex. Everything, literally, is connected. At a bare minimum you would have regular, transverse waves interacting or superposing with longitudinal waves resulting in superficially apparent irregularity or chaos cloaking order.

Longitudinal wave impacts might be nutrition, starvation, deficiencies, toxins, parasites, microorganisms both commensal and averse, etc. Even sun cycles which trigger droughts would impact immune system cycles.

Energy flows where you focus your attention, so if you focus on robust health that too becomes a wave form that impacts any natural frequency of the immune system.

I was thinking a cyclic rate from the population of gut bacteria. Perhaps 3 to 7 weeks. The cycle is probably the result of several populations......and may vary within a range.

This is just a totally wild guess from what I read.

But I did notice cycles bringing wastewater treatments plants online, decades ago.

khuber

BANNED
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I was thinking a cyclic rate from the population of gut bacteria. Perhaps 3 to 7 weeks. The cycle is probably the result of several populations......and may vary within a range.

This is just a totally wild guess from what I read.

But I did notice cycles bringing wastewater treatments plants online, decades ago.

Gut microbiome is integral to the immune system. But keep in mind that what you eat is the primary determinant of the makeup of the microbiome. Fiber and fermented foods result in a larger proportion of "good" microbes. The quality of the water you drink also is critical. And it's not just a question of filtration of purification. Dr. Pollack at the University of Washington has published articles on Exclusion Zone water. There's also the idea of keeping the blood slightly alkaline, i.e., more negative ions, for health and this can be accomplished at least in part with food choices. I saw one article (not sure where) stating that when the blood turns more acidic microorganisms "spontaneously" appear in the blood, i.e., the constituent parts self-assemble when the blood environment favors organisms we perceive as pathogenic.

Reductionism has served well for years, but it's time to put everything back together and understand how the parts join to make a whole functioning being.

kdn

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
My personal experience tells me epigenetics, i.e., nutrition, lifestyle choices and the thoughts you choose to think far outweigh genes because genes are just blueprints. You are your own architect and builder. Your choices in response to the environment determine which genes express.

I used to get the flu. Now I do not get sick and have no need for a vaccine.

I fully agree with you regarding epigenetics.

kdn

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Becoming stressed about anything decreases our immunity (the ability to fight off infections) –people can even get stressed about the possibility of getting this ‘terrible disease’ of Covid-19 and that itself can lead them to be more susceptible. Also many studies have demonstrated that stress reduction techniques (like practicing mindfulness) can reduce stress and also boost immunity. This would explain the individual differences in susceptibility to virus – it is not genes.

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
Alternative studies have suggested a close link of comorbidity between hypertension and heart disease and COVID-19, which may be related to the fact that these patients normally receive ACE inhibitors, increasing the availability of ACE2 sites for the virus to infect cells.
The “peak” of the binding protein of the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 uses the same cell binding factor (ACE2) as SARS-CoV and uses the cellular protease TMPRSS2 for its activation. Existing, clinically approved drugs targeting TMPRSS2 can inhibit SARS-CoV-2 infection of lung cells.
Transmembrane serine protease type II (TMPRSS2) activates the coronavirus to enter cells that are naturally susceptible to infection in infected humans.
SARS-CoV-2 uses the SARS55 CoV receptor, ACE2, for entry and the TMPRSS2 serine protease for protein S activation. A TMPRSS2 inhibitor approved for clinical use has blocked entry and may be a treatment option. Their results reveal important similarities between SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV infection and identify a potential target for antiviral intervention. By the way the new genetic susceptibility test for the risk of coronavirus is very interesting. Check www.genexya.com