Coronavirus: What is 'flattening the curve,' and will it work?

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Sweden decided on March 12 to flatten the curve by testing only healthcare workers and risk groups. Curve shows no cases or deaths outside these two groups and lies below the system capacity. This is a new method that protect elderly and let young fight virus on their own without healthcare support. Ofcourse even the young ones with infection can call helpline an hour before dying to tell them the curve is flattened. Norway adapted the same strategy on March 13. It all started with UK PM talk on the herd immunity and flattening the curve. Politicians gamble to agree on strategies that show less numbers.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Sooo, I have a question. I get that distancing ourselves will slow the spread, but it will not cure the virus.

What happens AFTER the distancing and curve-flattening? Won't it just take one sick person to then infect all those that did not recover from the virus previously? Are we assuming that a vaccine would be available by then?

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
From what I understand, one of the big problems with viruses like this one is not that everyone will get it, but that everyone gets it at nearly the same time. Hospitals can only treat so many people at once, and if they're short on resources (like ventilators), they need to start making decisions about who should get treatment. That seems to be what's happening in Italy right now.

Flattening the curve basically spreads the pandemic out over a longer time so that the healthcare system doesn't get flooded.

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
Flattening this curve and closing the schools were helpful due to the sum of about 300 kids just in the highschool alone and the fact that they would be around there family and their parents were around other co workers this was a recipe for disaster so by social distancing and other practices to quarantine was helpful and healthy.

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Flattening the curve will work as the basic premise is simply to slow the spread so the number of people needing hospital care remains below that countries ability to provide it. There are enough resources for us all to be hospitalized once in our lives, but there isn't enough for us to all do it today.

But how to get people to socially distance so we actually flatten the curve. It's social programming, we need news articles, facebook memes, chats with friends, etc. Because that's what it'll take to completely change our habits in time to actually take effect.

One more tool in the arsenal is to broadcast the message with shirts, bags, phone cases etc. to remind people. These products all saw "If you can read this you're getting to close" and have a stylized graphic of flattening the curve to help remind us all. Every bit helps. Stay safe! www.flattenthecurvenow.com

Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
Why slowing the rate of infection, or 'flattening the curve,' is so important to reducing the incredible damage of coronavirus.

Coronavirus: What is 'flattening the curve,' and will it work? : Read more
FLATTENING THE CURVE OR I COULD SAY SLOW THE SPREAD OF C-19 UNTILL WE GET SOME SOCIAL MODEL ORGANIZED AND CHEMICALS THAT WILL SLOW IT DOWN SO WE CAN GET A VACCINE IN PRODUCTION WHICH WILL TAKE UP TO A YEAR, BUT WE HAD THE Black Death AND FOUND OUT IT SPREAD MAINLY THROUGH THE RAT INFESTED SURERS IN EUROPE AND THROUGH THE DEAD BODIES BUT THEY STARTED TO CLEAN THEMSELVES AND CLEAR OUT THE RATS AND BURN THE BODIES IE THEY FLATTENED THE CURB AND WHERE ABLE TO CLEAR THE Black Death OUT AND LIFE WENT ON BUT AFTER THESE THINGS EVEN CORONAVIRUS LIFE WILL BE A SMALL BIT DIFFERENT IT MIGHT EVEN MAKE US MORE AWARE OF OUR NEIGHBOR THAT CANT BE BAD.

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
This reminds me of "The Blob" (one of Steve McQueen's first films.), except that this "Blob" is all but invisible, and the whole nation is waiting for it to show up. It seems like with the current data available, this may end by the end of Summer 2020. I guess we will all find out!

MnM

Mar 20, 2020
Visit site
We need a complete curve to get the best answer. the curve should include the total number of tests that are given. Hence answer this question first and include it in the curve: How many people have tested negative for coronavirus in the united states?

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
I have a hard time believing that the virus isn't man made. Simply put, unless you have first hand knowledge that it isn't man made, then all you're doing is guessing and speculating. I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but anyone, whether you're a scientist, a journalist or just an average person, don't speculate unless you're 100% sure and you can provide proof, that it isn't man made.

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
I have a hard time believing that the virus isn't man made. Simply put, unless you have first hand knowledge that it isn't man made, then all you're doing is guessing and speculating. I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but anyone, whether you're a scientist, a journalist or just an average person, don't speculate unless you're 100% sure and you can provide proof, that it isn't man made.
I find it difficult to see the Event 201 film and this release less than one month later.

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Why slowing the rate of infection, or 'flattening the curve,' is so important to reducing the incredible damage of coronavirus.

Coronavirus: What is 'flattening the curve,' and will it work? : Read more
So if no vaccines are available, flattening a curve allows the medical support systems to keep up with patients and provide each with the best care they can provide. Whether the original (un-flattened) or flattened curve, you will have the same number of people infected: one over a shorter period while the other is extended. Flattening not only helps the medical community better manage but it gives more time for these Drs to understand and devise better treatments than the original (examples: ventilators were once the first item to be used but now are being delayed due to their issues; having patients lie on their stomach vs back/side, etc). So how hospitals are treating patients is improving, causing more patients to recover and recover faster (freeing up more hospital beds for others). During the flattening, it also allows researchers to determine what vaccines might work, what tests might work, etc. But in the end, if NO vaccine is ever developed (or "re found" like the polio vaccine's promise), then you are talking about herd immunity where (over time) more people get exposed and hopefully survive.

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Akanni herbal centre , It has made a tremendous difference for me (Visit www. akanniherbalcentre .com). I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others.