Question Coronavirus, testing and the opening of American businesses?

May 27, 2020
Visit site
As an engineer and concerned American, I have given a lot of thought to the pandemic situation in America. Personally I am a survivor of two "silent killers", HCV and liver cancer, requiring a transplant which I was blessed to receive - albeit this now makes me high risk for COVID-19.

It is apparent that the lack of testing and PPE equipment poses health risks to Americans and will contribute to the spread. Large chain stores, factories, etc do not have the resources to regularly test employees.

Based on the published info, the virus is mostly spread via airborne moisture particles. Larger particles will fall to the floor, smaller ones will dissipate with a short time. While they can survive for days on surfaces, it is less likely to infect someone - I would assume that you must get the virus on your hand(s), then touch your eyes, nose or mouth.

Thinking logically - hypothetically assume a large dept store, 50 employees, average 500 customers daily. At close, the entire store is sanitized.

What about the HVAC systems? Wouldn't some airborne particles end up in the filtering and ductwork?

I am not suggesting this as a scare scenario, that these particles could be re-circulated. Rather I see this as a possibility for prevention. I may be wrong, I am not a medical expert. But if it is possible to test surfaces for the presence of virus, why couldn't the surfaces of HVAC be tested? Possible some inline cooling filter could collect and retain moisture, placed in front of existing filters.

IMHO, it is at least worth some testing for viability. If successful, for example stores could get a single test weekly, if no virus detected that's one test vs. fifty. If virus is detected, then employees could be tested, as well the extensive CCTV and receipt tracking could help identify customers possibly exposed.

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
The referenced article says more than I ccould ever hope to point out about PCR testing.

"So how can it be that those who claim the PCR tests are highly meaningful for so-called COVID-19 diagnosis blind out the fundamental inadequacies of these tests—even if they are confronted with questions regarding their validity?

Certainly, the apologists of the novel coronavirus hypothesis should have dealt with these questions before throwing the tests on the market and putting basically the whole world under lockdown, not least because these are questions that come to mind immediately for anyone with even a spark of scientific understanding."

- excerpted from COVID19 PCR Tests Are Scientifically Meaningless by Torsten Engelbrecht and Konstantin Demeter