Coronavirus outbreak officially declared a pandemic, WHO says

So I just did a rapid figuring. If the WHO is saying they believe it's at least 3% dying of those who get it. Okay, since I see every indication this is going to hit every single spot on the globe. I took 1% of entire population to kind of weed out kids and young adults who seem immune and the 1% became 75,270,000. If this spreads everywhere, which it is--that amounts to possible 75 million deaths. At 3% the number goes up to 228,450,000 . 228 MILLION PEOPLE. Death. Being in a risk group with it seeming to attack ppl with High Blood Pressure and cancer. I possible won't be here in few months. Oh and in perfect age group. Close to 60.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
So I just did a rapid figuring. If the WHO is saying they believe it's at least 3% dying of those who get it. Okay, since I see every indication this is going to hit every single spot on the globe. I took 1% of entire population to kind of weed out kids and young adults who seem immune and the 1% became 75,270,000. If this spreads everywhere, which it is--that amounts to possible 75 million deaths. At 3% the number goes up to 228,450,000 . 228 MILLION PEOPLE. Death. Being in a risk group with it seeming to attack ppl with High Blood Pressure and cancer. I possible won't be here in few months. Oh and in perfect age group. Close to 60.

It's easy to get caught up in the numbers of it all but try not to do so. Be aware of them, but bear in mind that things are also happening daily to help the situation. I understand you may be in the at-risk sector, but the key thing is you're aware of that and being aware of it means you can take the appropriate actions and precautions to have better control of the situation. Follow the handwashing procedures, don't touch your face, limit your interactions with the outside world if / when / where possible and be mindful of your surroundings and interactions.

Last edited:
It's easy to get caught up in the numbers of it all but try not to do so. Be aware of them, but bare in mind that things are also happening daily to help the situation. I understand you may be in the at-risk sector, but the key thing is you're aware of that and being aware of it means you can take the appropriate actions and precautions to have better control of the situation. Follow the handwashing procedures, don't touch your face, limit your interactions with the outside world if / when / where possible and be mindful of your surroundings and interactions.
Thank you-- I COMPLETELY understand all of what you said and I have been doing just that. I now am trying to remember things--don't touch your face because evidently a study says we touch our faces ALL DAY LONG. I am not in a panic. I am prepared as is possible. Again, if this gets out of control, more so than it is, it will be people in a panic that make the death rate soar.

Reactions: CParsons and sward

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
I now am trying to remember things--don't touch your face because evidently a study says we touch our faces ALL DAY LONG.

You're welcome and yes, we certainly do. It's a bit of a thing I do all the time without really thinking of it. I have a tendency to rub my face, especially after I shave and have had to try and remember to cut it out. Glad to hear you're not panicked about it and prepared. :)