Coronavirus may technically be 'airborne,' but that may not matter for preventing its spread

Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
Lol,
- coronga "may" spread through fomites althought "little evidence" so far: ok, let's $pend cleaning public surfaces
- preassymptomatics "may" spread coronga with droplets although there's little evidence: ok, let's obligate everyone to use the wired fence to mosquitoes called "cloth masks" and get money from "fine$" If not used
- coronga mau bê airborne since: sub-micron, <5um droplets carry up to 10 times viral rna than coarse ones, and its Just unreasonable large droplets from sneezing or coughing in so volume out there to infect zillions as most havent reported remembering being close to someone coughing or sneezing: oh, it's a "possibility" but little evidence so far and se WON'T tell WHY we disregard its relevance, It would DERAIL all the "measures" we've defined that we profit from.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I have long thought the transmission was airborne considering how effective a spreader this virus is. How is it that so many people are infected by one person if not through the air. Lets look at the choir rehearsal, if one person had it then everyone within 12 feet of the aerosol or droplets might get it but how would people 20 ft to the left or right get it unless it traveled around the room. What about meat packing plants where there are now partitions but still the infections rage on. Those folks wear gloves/goggles/masks all the time how is it still spreading if not circulating in the air.

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Of course it's airborne. But what this means is subject to question. The further it goes in the air, the less concentrated it is. There are some significant hints that receiving a very low dose of the virus results in a very mild case because you build up a lot of antibodies and T cells that fight the low dose, but this has been hard to prove so far. We need to verify that low doses do or don't result in less severe illness before we make much judgment about the meaning of a low dose traveling far through the air and dispersing further.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I have long thought the transmission was airborne considering how effective a spreader this virus is. How is it that so many people are infected by one person if not through the air. Lets look at the choir rehearsal, if one person had it then everyone within 12 feet of the aerosol or droplets might get it but how would people 20 ft to the left or right get it unless it traveled around the room. What about meat packing plants where there are now partitions but still the infections rage on. Those folks wear gloves/goggles/masks all the time how is it still spreading if not circulating in the air.
Just what are the odds that a micro-droplet will infect a person...From the very beginning, we were told that we infect ourselves by our own hands touching our face, picking at our nose or touching our lips and mouth...

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Well if you sneeze or cough without a mask then yes the virus become airborne until it settles down. But that would be taking political correctness a bit too far saying the virus is now airborne.

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
Si se informan de la la biofisica de la estructura del coronavirus( icosaedro) se darán cuenta de que si puede mantenerse en el aire. Son estructuras casi subatômicas. La física lo explicarîa todo, pero hay que digerirla con conocimiento. La epidemiologia viene después.Me quedo con la opinión inicial de lo científicos los cuales no están lejos de la realidad. El aire contaminado es peligroso y para los que no crean en el humo del cigarrillo también puede viajar el virus. Que transmita o no la enfermedad , es otra cosa.

Translation;
If you learn about the biophysics of the coronavirus structure (icosahedron) you will realize that it can stay in the air. They are almost subatomic structures. Physics would explain everything, but you have to digest it with knowledge. Epidemiology comes later, I am left with the initial opinion of scientists, which are not far from reality. Polluted air is dangerous and for those who do not believe in cigarette smoke, the virus can also travel. Whether or not it transmits the disease is another matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Of course, it's airborne. But what this means is subject to question. The further it goes in the air, the less concentrated it is. There are some significant hints that receiving a very low dose of the virus results in a very mild case because you build up a lot of antibodies and T cells that fight the low dose, but this has been hard to prove so far. We need to verify that low doses do or don't result in less severe illness before we make much judgment about the meaning of a low dose traveling far through the air and dispersing further.
The most important ways to prevent transmission are still the same, whether SARS-CoV-2 spreads via tiny droplets or larger ones.

Coronavirus may technically be 'airborne,' but that may not matter for preventing its spread: Read more
You know "Selma and Louise " were technically Airborne ... Just what does that mean in the times of COVID...Can a person contract COVID from a single COVID virus...what would the concentration of a floating Virus need to be to infect a person...Are we indoors or outdoors...Would like answers before I jump on this Airborn claim

Last edited:
May 13, 2020
Visit site
The most important ways to prevent transmission are still the same, whether SARS-CoV-2 spreads via tiny droplets or larger ones.

Coronavirus may technically be 'airborne,' but that may not matter for preventing its spread : Read more
Like a ton of this kind of expertise it ends up being guesswork without any factual detail of the size of the droplet how propegated. Was this peer reviewed or was this theoretical game playing.The supposed chorus case how long were they in a group, w hat distance? was there social interface? What was the ventilation like?
Only questions and guesses. This is fake news and does not deserve publishing unless facts and procedure are presented. It is like small groups canpredict and explain a very complex virus, rumours explain nothing.

Reactions: paperpushermj
Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
The thing to see here is that back in March/April no one wore masks and kept their distance but still visited family & friends. Now we nearly all wear masks, keep distance etc, but the virus infection rate is worse than it was before. The covid 19 has since mutated to a more easily spreadable form. I put this down to a possiblity of it's either because there are lots of kids & students spreading it, or if it is now being spread in the main water supply. We know that it is going down the toilet into the rivers and water courses, so it is possible that it is getting past the water treatment plants. No one is willing to say how much of the virus may be not being killed off by the treatment; i.e. chlorination & fluoride etc!

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Seems to me no matter what restrictions have been put in place there ll always be someone i the news /media who has caught COVID (even our respective Government leaders -for example Our Prime Minister Boris Johnson (I am from the UK) caught Covid & he very nearly died. Now I hear that President Trump has caught Covid too

Whether our respective publics obey the rule or not -there ll always be one member of the public who has caught it so restrictions are futile - -the death rate & virus spread rate is going up