Coronavirus in the US: Map, case counts and news

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
"Anyone who wants a test can get a test." This article is a flat out lie. That's not what he said. Science indeed.

Last edited:
The article is correct about what the president said.

You can read where and when the president made the statement on the White House website--it published the remarks from his tour of the CDC:

"DR. REDFIELD:... we have now shipped out — I think it was enough to test 75,000 people into the public health labs now.

THE PRESIDENT: Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is."

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Just stumbled on this conversation while looking at the latest coronavirus map. OK.....am I reading this right? “He” never said that? Good God......”Anyone who needs a test gets a test. They’re there, they have the tests......and the tests are beautiful......”. Just like his call with Zelensky. (And BTW...I saw it live, so.....)

Reactions: cecilia fx
Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Wow are you watching it on mute? He says it very clearly at 0:06, 0:13, 0:33, and 0:42.
Yeah we watched it, BUT we don't need to watch it more than once because he does not say "Anybody who wants a test gets a test" He clearly says "Anybody who NEEDs a test gets a test". Who determines if you NEED a test? Your DOCTOR. I know reading comprehension is hard for most. Especially when its trying to put words in the President's mouth.

Reactions: michaelmouse
Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Ohh I see it now.. after he said anyone who needs a test will get one like 5 times.. he slipped up.. Good job, nailed him lmao

You can use the search function (ctrl F) on the WH transcript below to search the word "wants" and it takes you right to the exact quote where he says it.

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
You can use the search function (ctrl F) on the WH transcript below to search the word "wants" and it takes you right to the exact quote where he says it.

Right, But everyone is ripping him for that slip up, when he clearly was saying anyone who NEEDs a test gets a test. Anyone who actually understood and listened to this knew exactly what he meant. Actually, I probably shouldn't say that because some folks earlier claimed to listen to it and still thought he said "Wants" in every instance. This is just a small sample of what the media has been doing to him his entire presidency. Just a little eye opener...Thats all.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
What he said was "anyone who needs a test, can get a test" - that doctors can give you a test if you NEED it, not if you WANT it. There is a difference between needing something and wanting something.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
jdgoethe: "Anyone who wants a test can get a test." This article is a flat out lie. That's not what he said. Science indeed." - He literally says it 4 times within the 2 minute video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XwC9IQKBc
Who decides "who needs a test"? As I understand it, a doctor must first decide if the case is worthy of test. Without some form of triage in place, every nervous person would be demanding a test.

The key factor is the US shut down the flights coming in from China, etc. early. This is buying out medical experts time to figure out the best process / tests / treatments for this virus.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
"Anyone who wants a test can get a test." This article is a flat out lie. That's not what he said. Science indeed.
Really -On a March 6 visit to the CDC, Trump said, “Anybody that wants a test can get a test,” adding, “Anybody right now and yesterday — anybody that needs a test gets a test. We — they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”
Like 20 people have posted the video of him saying it

Reactions: Dja