Climate change

Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
For all who are in support of global “warming “. Please look at temperature data for the past 10 million years. Also who knows what is the ideal temperature for earth.?

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Yes, i see the Earth is still warming from the Little Ice Age. And, as it does, CO2 level is rising. Bubbling up from the oceans and global fires resulting due to the heating. Man-made CO2 is not a big contributor. So, even if we cut what we do create, the amount is minuscule on the global scale. Is is harmful for us to reduce CO2 emissions? Weigh that against who it hurts and who it helps.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
For all who are in support of global “warming “. Please look at temperature data for the past 10 million years. Also who knows what is the ideal temperature for earth.?

This is a pretty well-worn topic these days. We have additional info that may be helpful in this article here.

This paragraph feels pertinent to the topic at hand:

"Global warming doesn't just mean warming, which is why "climate change" has become the favored term among researchers and policymakers. While the globe is becoming hotter on average, this temperature increase can have paradoxical effects, such as more frequent and severe snowstorms."

There is no ideal temperature for the planet, since it's not really at any risk at all. The risks associated with climate change are the affects it has on the biological organisms who live on it. Each organism has their own ideal temperatures, so there won't ever be one temperature the world needs to hit and hold for life to continue to flourish.

Getting away from the specific temperature is one of the reasons why "climate change" is a better descriptor than "global warming." We'll continue to use the term while it continues to be the best way to get the messaging out to people who are searching for answers, but it is definitely a term that is evolving to better explain the underlying mechanics.

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site

Absoletely, Do we think the forest fires and volcano cause Covid 19 outbreak? I think so cause of them and methanol rise up to the air makes some of viruses protect them self for survive

Absolutely, Do we think the forest fires and volcano cause Covid 19 outbreak? I think so cause of them and methanol rise up to the air makes some of viruses protect them self for survive.
Absoletely, Do we think the forest fires and volcano cause Covid 19 outbreak? I think so cause of them and methanol rise up to the air makes some of viruses protect them self for survive

Please we back on Theory Darwin Scientist, all of living organism will survive. They change structure DNA/RNA structure which it will be polymerization with human. I believe ..........some of hidden viruses have been come back and rise up to the atmosphere.
For protecting my family I have made Herbal medicinal, believe it will effective for virus relaxing.

Please we back on Theory Darwin Scientist, all of living organism will survive. They change structure DNA/RNA structure (Mutation) which it will be polymerization with human. I believe ..........some of hidden viruses have been come back and rise up to the atmosphere.
For protecting my family I have made Herbal medicinal, believe it will effective for making the virus activities relax

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
Even without taking the effects of climate change into hand, we do not have an infinite supply of fossil fuels. We need to make a transition fully to renewable energy before our remaining fossil fuels run out, so we do not have a lack of fuel and energy.

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
Yes, but we need enough solar panels to capture that solar energy before we are out of fossil fuels.
Down to the fact they keep letting the working ones we be as good as they are now.. Seen many home set ups that run off the grid.. To even do it, they come inspect what your up too.. Don't tell me the knowledge isn't good enough already..

We definitely have the technology for self powered lot built houses. Solar power, ground sinks, ground water sinks, and heat pumps. The weak point is still the storage, i.e....battery. But they are good enough for application. The cost of such system is still high. But the where-with-all is there.

With independent and/or neighborhood(perhaps thorium) power, there would not be any blackouts.

A thorium furnace/generator manufacturer would probably out do Microsoft and Amazon.

As for running out of fossil fuels, and excluding coal, which we have centuries of supplies, one needs to remember that the oil fields we frack today..........only 30% of the oil is recovered. There is still twice as much there. And we have made great progress on the tech, to retrieve that remaining 70%.

Fossil fuel is no longer a supply issue. By the way, the first two oil based societies, was Sodom and Gomorrah. They harvested and refined(cooked) asphalt off the surface of the Dead Sea. These products were shipped thru-out the known world. Very volatile area. Possibly a lake of fire.

There is no archaeological evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah ever existed. Your assertions lack credence. As far as the rest of comments the West Texas oil and gas fields alone will supply Americas energy needs for the next 400 hundred years. Natural gas is cleaner burning and newer technologies will make it cleaner less carbon footprint required. Solar panels and wind chimes require a large footprint and each has their own unique problems. Rising the cost of economics on the valuation on one's life.

Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
Honestly? The best thing I can think of is going out in the sun.
It has become terrible for people with Vitamin D deficiencies. As a person who is a huge victim of it, I can literally tell you that.
Also, according to Pharmacy Times, people are facing severe mental health effects of this quarantine.
Also, domestic violence is on the rise during this time, especially in third world countries.
People have become a major victim of insomnia. Although articles like " how to sleep fast in 5 minutes " may help them for a brief period of time but who knows?
This quarantine thing has become a disaster. I was just reading this article on nature.com that physical activities may help people in dealing with mental health issues during this pandemic.

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
If your in support of correcting global warming and trying to save all the creatures and ourselves from being destroyed by our own Sun I have a solution. If we take a spacecraft and barge or tow an ice asteroid from the asteroid belt and drop it onto the Sahara Desert it will correct our environment. These issues will be corrected in about 8.22 months. The size of the ice asteroid would have to be 1327 tons to be effective. If we do not find a solution very soon we will have mass extinctions.

@ronerickson2383 : um, Newton and our tech level say no. Perhaps reading some old Robert Silverberg and the like will give illumination on such things.....

(And yesterday I thought about not having any numbers to post lately......)

200924-rone-ice-asteroid.png

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
I don't see how it is possible to know what either the temperature or CO2 content of the atmosphere was 10 million years ago. We must have absolutely marvelous devices for deceiving ourselves. I don't trust the numbers or the people who are doing it. There is entirely too much politicking going on. It would appear to be a plan by the really big money boys to gain more power over the rest of us. Not incidentally I am not for that.

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
I don't see how it is possible to know what either the temperature or CO2 content of the atmosphere was 10 million years ago. We must have absolutely marvelous devices for deceiving ourselves. I don't trust the numbers or the people who are doing it. There is entirely too much politicking going on. It would appear to be a plan by the really big money boys to gain more power over the rest of us. Not incidentally I am not for that.
IIRC, it was done by taking samples of air from ice in antarctica that has been formed long ago.

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Yes, but we need enough solar panels to capture that solar energy before we are out of fossil fuels.
NO! We must use use nuclear power, most preferably from thorium fission. Small foot print, huge power and the fuel in the ground will last for many thousands of years. Windmills and solar arrays just won't do it. They have enormous ugly foot prints since the power is so dilute and of course you well know that they don't work in the dark and without wind. You guys have got to get over your fear of radiation. It's minuscule compared even to the odd x-ray. And the fusion reactor blowing up? We know better than that now.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
IIRC, it was done by taking samples of air from ice in Antarctica that has been formed long ago.
And you trust that do you? I don't. How can you be sure that air bubbles trapped in ice for multi-millennia would not be interfered with in some manner over eons of time. Are they that completely trapped? Science cannot be sure it is correct, because it is not testable. Also how can you be sure of the age of the ice. Counting back ice rings as in trees and assuming nothing happened to that arrangement during the very long times of entombment. Ice quakes, continental drift etc. Yet you are basing the future of the human race on trusting the methods of a novel science which accuracy is entirely unknown. A little skepticism about this kind of science would be justified. When asked the question about how do you know what was going on back then? The answer is NO, I was not there.

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
@ronerickson2383 : um, Newton and our tech level say no. Perhaps reading some old Robert Silverberg and the like will give illumination on such things.....

(And yesterday I thought about not having any numbers to post lately......)

200924-rone-ice-asteroid.png
That is a puny amount of ice. Where are your calculations? Do you know what happens to ice if dropped through the atmosphere of earth at a minimum velocity of of 25,000 mph? I think not. The gravitational potential energy of such an ice rock is sufficient that it would explode in a white-hot ball of steam then drift all over the atmosphere and bring more heat than it cools. Hypothetically, even if it were to cool a little bit of the the dessert, how long would it last, 2 days maybe? Though it likely could not withstand the air friction of reentry. Even if much of it did survive as ice, it would hit the sand with the power of an asteroid causing a huge steam explosion.

Redo your calculations and rethink your assumptions and I am sure you will find that it will take millions of tonnes of ice to make any kind of very temporary effect and not much to your liking either.

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
ahem. a 'ice asteroid' would equal a comet.

and a comet (or asteroid) is NOT made of water/h2o.

as martian polar ice is, a comet is co2 !!!
Many comets are made of water actually, they never reach the Earth though.

Physical characteristics
The solid nucleus or core of a comet consists mostly of ice and dust coated with dark organic material, according to NASA, with the ice composed mainly of frozen water but perhaps other frozen substances as well, such as ammonia, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and methane. The nucleus may have a small rocky core.

Latest posts