Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
Mixing 2 types of bleach together makes a dangerous gas called chlorine but that gas also kills airborne coronavirus I've been testing a theory the chlorine gas that is in the air at a swimming pool a friend of mine had that virus and works at a swimming pool he recovered from the virus very quick my question to anyone that knows if chlorine gas was made airborne would it kill the coronavirus in a controlled area?

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
First of all it is known that inhaling chlorine gas is dangerous. You are 100% right about that. Not much good killing the virus if the patient dies from gas. Chlorine smell from swimming pool is insignificant exposure. Much more likely that your swimming friend was lucky enough to get a mild case and that his quick recovery had absolutely nothing to do with smelling swimming pool chorine.

However, if he got Covid during time he was working on pools, obvious observation would be that his exposure did not stop him from getting it.

Chlorine gas is very toxic. It reacts with the moisture on your skin and interior mucus lining, making HCL acid. Your lungs will tear and cry like never before, and can drown you. It burns everything of your body. In and out.

My cousin's grandfather was gased with chlorine in the trenches of WWI.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
I think we agree clhorine gas bad for people, but there is also emerging evidence that when the virus is inhaled and begins by infecting our lungs, it quickly affects our ability to absorb oxygen is very bad. Because the virus is inside our lungs and not in our bloodstreams our immune systems do not recognize it quickly and are very limited in response since the virus in our lungs is essentially out of reach of the antibodies in our blood that our immune systems would normally create to combat the virus.

So I can understand the ideal of trying to find a way directly treat the virus. Patients developing acute respiratory syndrome will typically be given oxygen and then put on ventilators when oxygen alone is not sufficient to counter the deteriorating lung condition. Antibiotic mists that are sometimes used for bacterial infections of course don't work for viruses.
Rather than chlorine gas, we know that hydrogen peroxide is an effective covid virus disinfectant that is much more human freindly than chlorine.

So curious if a dilute hydrogen peroxide mist were delivered to lungs through a nebulizer or similar, if it might have the potential to sufficiently knock back the virus that the body's natural defence mechanisms might have the chance to come into effect before the patient expires?
Interested to hear if anyone may have had any knowledge of something like this ever being tried and what the results might have been?