Chinese cities enter lockdown as delta variant spreads

This virus seems to be able to mutate faster than humans can respond. The lock downs seems to be only partially effective which is a scary, worrisome situation for the global community.

Isn't that something. These new variants just keep rolling in. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a "generational mistake". A mistake carried down. I hope a new, but much more dangerous "flu" hasn't been introduced.

Reactions: Snorrie
These new variants just keep rolling in. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a "generational mistake". A mistake carried down. I hope a new, but much more dangerous "flu" hasn't been introduced.

New variants are nothing new and why seasonal flu vaccines are modified every year and sometimes are not so effective as a mutation occurs too late in the vaccine process to catch up.

A more dangerous flu probably isnt accurate and can likely be compared to the plague from Medieval times; in that I mean a new illness arrives and we do not have protection as the body has never 'banked' the defense needed to protect us.
In the times of the plague, people with natural immunity survived and passed this protection on to future generations which is typically why the plague isnt really that worrisome in the grand scheme of things... In modern times though we can safely trick the body into creating the immunity...

As with all illnesses and injuries... The worse your general health, the more likely you will succumb to worse illness/ death.

For a history of the plague, try "The Black Death" by Dorsey Armstrong via the Great Courses or possibly at ones' local library. Plague variants over ~600 years actually targeted different age groups. SARs-Cov-2 is neither the plague nor the flu. It's a laboratory modified virus which is highly infectious, mutates readily, and so far evidences ~2% mortality. The current set of covid-19 vaccines which are a new type of vaccine, do provide protection from severe illness. However, the future of this virus is uncertain, and the scientific communities are still learning. And yes, ones' general health, age and underlying medical conditions make for degrees of susceptibility. So minimize risk by getting vaccinated, get a booster vaccine if necessary, follow masking and distancing rules and see one's physician for controlling underlying conditions.

SARs-Cov-2 is neither the plague nor the flu. It's a laboratory modified virus which is highly infectious, mutates readily, and so far evidences ~2% mortality.

I did not say SARs-Cov-2 was either the plague or the flu.

The laboratory modification you refer to is opinion without evidence and is unhelpful in the majority of discussions.

@ Roj5: I said the SARs-Cov-2 was neither; you did not refer to that comparison at all. As for the lab modification, I'm going by the data recently published in the public media which refers to the virus' evolutionary capability. I'm not concerned with who did what, when and who paid for it. I'm concerned to get people vaccinated A.S.A.P. and to take the prescribed precautions.

New variants are nothing new and why seasonal flu vaccines are modified every year and sometimes are not so effective as a mutation occurs too late in the vaccine process to catch up.

A more dangerous flu probably isnt accurate and can likely be compared to the plague from Medieval times; in that I mean a new illness arrives and we do not have protection as the body has never 'banked' the defense needed to protect us.
In the times of the plague, people with natural immunity survived and passed this protection on to future generations which is typically why the plague isnt really that worrisome in the grand scheme of things... In modern times though we can safely trick the body into creating the immunity...

As with all illnesses and injuries... The worse your general health, the more likely you will succumb to worse illness/ death.

That's why I put the word "flu".........in parenthesis.

"flu" as a yearly periodic infestation. Only the covid "flu" would be more lethal. A yearly occurrence, like the flu........with new recipes for vaccines.....every year.

A guaranteed, taxpayer funded, market for pharma. And political shareholders. And deep state patent holders.

And at the same time, censor conventional treatment.

With all of our high tech, data bases and fast communications, we can't even count the true covid cases.

All of the stats on this covid, are highly suspect. We can't properly relate the risk. When everyone that has symptoms, gets classified as covid........how can a true infection rate be determined?

Where did flu viruses go last year? First time in history, we had no flu. What stopped it? Masks? Lockdowns? Social distancing? Closure of schools?

Or did we have a normal flu season, and count it as covid?

If the flu was so easily stopped by one of these political/health/safety policies, why was covid not stopped?

And around we go. One would have to be deaf in one ear, to trust any of this.

All of the stats on this covid, are highly suspect. We can't properly relate the risk. When everyone that has symptoms, gets classified as covid........how can a true infection rate be determined?

Where did flu viruses go last year? First time in history, we had no flu. What stopped it? Masks? Lockdowns? Social distancing? Closure of schools?

Or did we have a normal flu season, and count it as covid?

If the flu was so easily stopped by one of these political/health/safety policies, why was covid not stopped?

And around we go. One would have to be deaf in one ear, to trust any of this.

Alternatively you could listen to the news and if you do not believe anything you are correctly told, then you will always say you can;t trust anything...

Where did the flu viruses go last year?
Here is one article on the thoughts behind it-

Did we have a normal flu season and count as Covid?

This just shows you have not read or blatantly ignored everything over the last 18 months

"
Differences:
While the virus that causes COVID-19 and flu viruses are thought to spread in similar ways, the virus that causes COVID-19 is generally more contagious than flu viruses. Also, COVID-19 has been observed to have more superspreading events than flu"

'hen everyone that has symptoms, gets classified as covid' - NOt true at all... You need a positive test recorded - This has been well documented for over a year unless you blatantly ignore good information for your own agenda.

The institutions of government, academia and the media, rely on the gullibility of the people....that they supposedly serve.

Everything a Government tells you is falsified and when you overthrow a Government and install the one you want, immediately they are feeding you lies...

Are you unable to review science and people's accounts or are you only able to constantly fall behind the blame government for everything?

Surely you have a basic education level to be able to assess positions and make a conclusion other than, Guvmen lie to me..