CDC investigating 2 deaths, 2 illnesses from rare bacterial disease

Consider that the U.S. has uncontrolled international illegal immigration on its southern border and no comprehensive health examinations or checks for contraband items on these illegals. Now consider that the U.S. federal government is perfunctorily transporting these illegals into the interior. Such indeed appears to be a biological disaster in the making.

Those migrants are from all over the world. And being sprinkled thru-out the country. How's that for safety during a pandemic? Who educated our leaders?

Surely it is the American's fault... You have already argued multiple times on medication and probiotic style remedies to prevent all know illnesses.

Consider that the U.S. has uncontrolled international illegal immigration on its southern border and no comprehensive health examinations or checks for contraband items on these illegals.

From the article "Only about a dozen cases of melioidosis are identified each year in the U.S., and these cases are nearly always among people who have traveled to places where the disease naturally occurs "

It looks more like unhygienic Americans bringing it in to your country that is the number one cause of the problem.

You sound like a Trump supporter.... Difficult to keep a population safe and secure with stupidity that is supported.

@Roj5: Actually, I despise most politicians, even the ones I "held my nose" and voted for. Politics, national and international, is a "messy business" where the best outcome is usually compromise which while livable pleases no one. In the U.S., common sense and our legal immigration history dictate at least cursory health checks on any immigrants. Illegal immigration and the current U.S. government's foolishness in disbursing ill, mostly with covid-19, illegal immigrants into the interior actually can/may endanger the global human population. Those melioidosis cases are issues that must be investigated. Yeh! Americans do unhygienic things in foreign countries, (even in the U.S.), ; re: The Aztec Two Step, Montezuma's Revenge and other more worrisome ailments. However, it's the current U.S. government made disease environment that is of concern.