Cat infected with COVID-19 from owner in Belgium

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
I think we've finally found a use for cats. We can infect them with the virus then harvest their antibodies-rich blood plasma for transfusion into their human masters.

We already have a use for them, it is called they are our pets. They are living creatures and should not be seen as a virus incubator.

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
It is a joke ? Can a virologist explain me how a beta coronavirus can contamine a cat or a dog ? have you crosscheck your source ? You are the third webite (+ in FR and BE) to report this RUMOR (I think it is one more).

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Cat got it from OWNER, Keep that CLEAR! & cant be usued as a science experiment, since its an animal you can do a fusion, as we aren't biologically compatible! Don't kill cats,. Kill the actual human infected virus...

From the article: "To prove definitively that the cat was infected with SARS-CoV-2, scientists will need a blood test to look for antibodies specific to this virus, Van Gucht said. Those tests will happen once the cat is no longer under quarantine."
SO! They don't know if the cat got the virus from a human! Yet, more pets will be abandoned or killed because of the fear this article will generate!
I call that irresponsible reporting, especially the clickbait headline! Ugh! Makes me furious! 🤬

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
I think we've finally found a use for cats. We can infect them with the virus then harvest their antibodies-rich blood plasma for transfusion into their human masters.
My cat calls dibs on your antibodies. Personally I'm voting to harvest antibodies from Spring Break participants from Florida.

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
My cat calls dibs on your antibodies. Personally I'm voting to harvest antibodies from Spring Break participants from Florida.
Yeah, when I talked about harvesting a cat's antibodies, I was clearly joking. I'm fairly certain a cat's antibodies would attack human cells. My real intention is to bleed all those spring-breakers of their antibodies, and make sure it hurts when doing it!

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, when I talked about harvesting a cat's antibodies, I was clearly joking. I'm fairly certain a cat's antibodies would attack human cells. My real intention is to bleed all those spring-breakers of their antibodies, and make sure it hurts when doing it!
Oh Sweetie, I know you were joking, but my cat was not. She's evil and I'm being held hostage until she grows thumbs and can use the can opener. I'm with you on the spring-breakers and yeah..let's make it hurt.