Question Can Far Infrared Radiation be used to slow the infection rate of a flu virus infection of the lungs?

Mar 22, 2020
I did some more research which was the basis for my question above.
There are many biological effects and medical applications for using FIR but I focused on some of the findings in the research papers below caught my attention (see bottom of this e-mail).
  • For FIR used as a therapeutic modality the alternative terms “biogenetic radiation” and “biogenetic rays” have been coined and widely used in the popular literature. FIR wavelength is too long to be perceived by the eyes, however, the body experiences its energy as a gentle radiant heat which can penetrate up to 1.5 inches (almost 4 cm) beneath the skin
  • Resulting epidermal temperature is higher when the skin is irradiated with FIR than if similar thermal loads from shorter wavelengths are used. The prolonged erythemal response due to FIR exposure has been proposed to be due to increased epidermal temperatures associated with it, but levels of FIR that do not produce any detectable skin heating can also have biological effects
  • Despite all these different uses of FIR in medical applications, the exact mechanisms of the hyperthermic effects and biological activities of FIR irradiation are still poorly understood.
  • Only FIR transfers energy purely in the form of heat which can be perceived by the
    thermoreceptors in human skin as radiant heat [1] . Not
    only is FIR absorbed by the human body but it is also
    emitted by the body in the form of black body radiation
Far infrared radiation (FIR): its biological effects and medical applications -
Section 2 - Medical applications of FIR;
Section 3 - Hypothesis for molecular and cellular mechanisms of FIR effects

Research paper - Far infrared radiation (FIR): Its biological effects

and medical applications -

ASK THE COMMUNITY