Bubbling carbon dioxide vent discovered on the seafloor off the Philippines

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Clearly, coral adapts to varying CO2 levels. I guess this means doomsayers will have to reevaluate their rhetoric.

BTW, CO2 levels have fluctuated for eons in earths oceans and atmosphere, as high as 7000 PPM during at least two epochs. And all life on earth didn't die. Life adapts.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
Clearly, coral adapts to varying CO2 levels. I guess this means doomsayers will have to reevaluate their rhetoric.

BTW, CO2 levels have fluctuated for eons in earths oceans and atmosphere, as high as 7000 PPM during at least two epochs. And all life on earth didn't die. Life adapts.

It does, but adaptation is ugly and brutal and somewhat predictable yet completely objective in what it chooses to destroy. I don't care about laying blame for atmospheric carbon. But it is off the charts right now and things are changing and as you said, life will adapt. So that should be the focus of our narrative. Not blame, not banning straws, not shopping more at Whole Foods, but our survival as a species when life on this planet invariably adapts to what's been happening.

It's very easy to say "life adapts" but if the climate adapts in a way that causes humans to have to flee coastal areas or in a way that changes the jet stream just enough to disrupt the flow of African silt into the Atlantic so there are no more plankton blooms, what happens to "life" then? Specifically, what happens to modern human life? Is it a level of adaptation that you think we're ready for?

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Did anyone give an estimate on the total volume of CO2 emitted each day from this location. Each new discovery ups the count from Oceans that go unaccounted for in the equations. Imaging 1000 or 10000 more of these beds emitting at the same rate.