Bizarre object 10 million times brighter than the sun defies physics, NASA says

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
How
A bizarre 'ultraluminous X-ray source' shines millions of times brighter than the sun, breaking a physical law called the Eddington limit, a new study finds.

Bizarre object 10 million times brighter than the sun defies physics, NASA says : Read more
What distance are we talking about? Even with the sheer distance in light years, these phenomena are not all excluded from reaching earth.
The energy displayed by these objects may take a billion years to reach us, but I believe some will and at any time. It's been quiet here for thousands of years. Nothing nearing archaic impacts of cosmic origin has occurred, allowing human populations to multiply in near perfect conditions environmentally.
Just a hint of the energy output displayed by these objects would easily be our end once it reaches us. I find it nearly impossible to doubt that this is a reality. The energies we witness are capable of spanning the distances eventually.

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
Umm ... The energy from this object has reached us. That is how we know about it. If it hadn't yet reached us, we couldn't see it, and we wouldn't know that anything was happening there.

Despite the tremendous energy it is putting out, that energy is attenuated by the inverse-square law, so that by the time this impossibly-bright light reaches us, it appears as nothing more than a bright point, to a powerful telescope.

There are many powerful objects and violent processes in space. But space is so immense, and things are so far apart, that Earth will likely be burnt to a cinder by the expanding Sun, before we are ever threatened by some passing neutron star.

Reactions: Giovani
Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
"Neutron stars are the leftover, dead cores of stars like the sun."

No they are not. Neutron stars are created when a massive star goes supernova. The end state of Sun like stars are white dwarfs which are a different category of objects from neutron stars (white dwarfs are electron degenerate, neutron stars are neutron degenerate).

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
A bizarre 'ultraluminous X-ray source' shines millions of times brighter than the sun, breaking a physical law called the Eddington limit, a new study finds.

Bizarre object 10 million times brighter than the sun defies physics, NASA says : Read more
Is this ultimately where the '20,000,000 'Stars'' are attrapping-toward? The one dynamic being possibly only for the other. Does Physics describe time as inexistant? (Is it inappropriate to say the branch of study when it sort of sounds like: "Particle Dynamics", and really means stuff; otherwise!?)

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Umm ... The energy from this object has reached us. That is how we know about it. If it hadn't yet reached us, we couldn't see it, and we wouldn't know that anything was happening there.

Despite the tremendous energy it is putting out, that energy is attenuated by the inverse-square law, so that by the time this impossibly-bright light reaches us, it appears as nothing more than a bright point, to a powerful telescope.

There are many powerful objects and violent processes in space. But space is so immense, and things are so far apart, that Earth will likely be burnt to a cinder by the expanding Sun, before we are ever threatened by some passing neutron star.
I like your optimism. I am a bit fatalistic in commenting on cosmic topics. From studying historic visitations of cosmic origin, the earth is far beyond what I would consider normal for the spacing of events considered catastrophic in nature.
We are past due for any one of these cosmic events to transpire. Modern science is constantly surprised by the unexpected, and this is the rule of mortal beings.
The fact is that at any hour the earth could be affected by something completely unseen by scientists. Large enough to be cataclysmic to our paradigm. I humbly predict it will be a CME since the concern with our sun acting strangely is continuing and the eruptions emanating from its surface could just as easily produce a storm many times the magnitude of the Carrington Event of 1859.
I stick to a realistic scenario and this one is justifiable.