Billionaire Hosts Girlfriend Contest for 'First Woman to the Moon' and (Shocker) People Hate It

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
As much as I understand the negative response to this, it doesn't seem that much different from when "The Bachelor" first debuted on TV where women were competing for a hot guy and a ring. I thought it was crazy that these contestants would want to marry someone after only a few weeks spent with other catty women 😸 but it didn't seem to bother the public then 🤷. At least here he has an artistic mission with requirements and there's a crew of people going with him, who's to say there isn't a female already in the crew? Plus they aren't even landing on the moon, just circumnavigating it so it won't even be the "first female on the moon" 😄. This reminds me of those publicity stunts in history (Spruce Goose etc etc). I just wish we could actually use all this money to solve the dire problems here on Earth because this is the only planet so far in the entire galaxy that supports life as we naturally know it. Peace ✌️

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
I understand the argument that firsts are special, but I think it's important to bear in mind several caveats here:

1) It's a group of 6-8 people, won't there be any other women? And if not, maybe that's a bigger problem.

2) This 'first' woman to 'go to the moon' isn't actually stepping on the moon, and when the first woman does finally step on the moon, that will surely overshadow this billionaire's date (consider, how many people can name any astronauts on Apollo 9/10 off the top of their head?).

3) Do you think anyone has the right to tell this guy how to spend his money? Without his money and his extravagant use of it, the trip wouldn't happen, so I think he reserves the right to take any guest he chooses (however he chooses). And if you do want to argue about how people spend their money, you should probably be arguing that they spend it on charitable donations or scientific progress (of course in one sense, paying for her spot is paying for scientific progress), not over what guests are taken on a tourist trip.

4) Do you think the 'first woman to go to the moon' should be a qualified astronaut who has been given a free spot on a tourist flight? I don't think that's very different from a highly qualified (female) biologist/zoologist, being given a spot on a tourist safari in lieu of a real research expedition. In my mind, that's far more insulting to her than having her wait a bit longer until a real trip that properly utilizes her skillset can be afforded.

TO CLOSE (this unnecessarily long comment), it's been 45 years since NASA has landed on the moon. Rather than getting upset by how very wealthy people spend their own money, maybe the point people (who are upset about this) should be making is that NASA should go back to the moon and take qualified women astronauts (not for the sake of taking women to the moon, but for the sake of conducting valuable experiments with state-of-the-art technology and taking women is only a natural part of fulfilling that objective).

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
The trip Is funded by the tourist, like the ships in the movie 2012, and the agenda of the Prometheus trip
The rich pay and get the reward, space ex is private, trained scientist and astronauts are great but it's the man's money, can do as he likes, also if a girl wants to date a billionaire good for her
If he was intrested in an fifty year old guy id apply.
People are really angry these days. But jelouse? Maybe.