B.1.618

I happened upon the B.1.618 Covid variant on Wednesday in unreliable Asian media outlets and and have continued to try and find any 'reliable' source covering this.
At the moment I am only finding it covered in Indian media outlets and the occasional reference in sensationalism.

It is not identified on the CDC site (although with the number of mutations I am not surprised until there is some validity).

Can anyone share some light on this variant?

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
The issue with a lot of the population of India is that they believe that a deity will determine whether they die or not and not the virus which is why we see tens or hundreds of thousands gathering along the Ganges river with no masks or social distancing

In Leicester UK we have many who have come from there and is probably why we have been in lockdown for over 12 months

WHO etc are looking into whether the new variant in India can get by the current vaccines

I believe you are referring to the triple variant version of the virus for which plasma therapy is ineffective. This triple variant is endemic in four Indian states and so far has statistically greater morbidity. Mortality is as of yet undetermined. Basically, that's what information is available via a perfunctory Web search. There is currently research in-progress to determine current vaccine(s) efficaciousness for the B.1.618 variant. Please post any findings for I suspect that this variant will go global.

I believe you are referring to the triple variant version of the virus for which plasma therapy is ineffective. This triple variant is endemic in four Indian states and so far has statistically greater morbidity. Mortality is as of yet undetermined. Basically, that's what information is available via a perfunctory Web search. There is currently research in-progress to determine current vaccine(s) efficaciousness for the B.1.618 variant. Please post any findings for I suspect that this variant will go global.

Thank you for your reply, you have basically re-written my comment and tried to pass it off as your own.

Seems this forum is about as scientific as what I used to have on yah00!, shame.

Thank you for your reply, you have basically re-written my comment and tried to pass it off as your own.

Seems this forum is about as scientific as what I used to have on yah00!, shame.
Please note: My comment is about what specifically I thought you were posting, and the data I could find. I did not intend to rewrite. Just trying to help because I am very concerned about the triple variant as well as the double variant generating a third wave outbreak in the U.S. I.E.: A marked number of people here have declined the available vaccines out of sheer distrust of the available information, both statistical and generic, about the vaccines and the disease. However. many in the U.S. are aghast at the terrible ordeal that India is now experiencing. Perhaps additional data will be a "spur" to get more reluctant folks to accept the vaccines. So, please do post any concrete data about this new serious risk to world health.

So, please do post any concrete data about this new serious risk to world health.

I would, but that is my request in my original post 'Can anyone share some light on this variant? '.

As it stands, it appears to be the 3rdmost common variant in India but no coverage has been raised outside sources I would deem unreliable... Weird that the gutter press havent made a headline form it.