Question Are there any tribal groups out there who do not interact with modern culture at all?

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
Pretty much what the question asks... I am curious if there are still any tribes out there that do not interact with modern culture?

I'd love to have some links to real science and anthropological evidence of this. There are so many clickbait sites out there.

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
There are a few tribes here in Brazil, in Amazonia. You probably know that. But I recommend you to seek the work of Darcy Ribeiro, a famous anthropologist in Brazil who studyed and defended such tribes.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I do think there could be very limited and far an few between tribes that possibly haven't been affected by modern man in some way, be it modern cloth, tools or some advance to their civilization whether it's been passed on or discovered from loss or abandonment in their living environment. These places could only be possible in the biggest forests on Earth but possible I imagine? The tribes living in forests are in tune with nature and their surroundings and have respect for the environment, we should take note as lessons can be learnt from their morals and principles.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Hmmm, it appears that more than half of the world's 100 inaccessible tribes are found in the Amazon Rainforest.
The Sentinelese, who reside on an island off India, are the most secluded peoples in the world. Knowledge of them comes from only from the reported encounters with adjoining peoples and from aerial, satellite camera and video footage.
Taken all together, these tribes may be considered remnants of prehistoric societies, unaware of, and unaffected by, the particular governments which have only nominal authority over their territory.

It is doubtful that these secluded tribes have their own government, when one applies the classical definition of government from the dictionary to them: 'the political direction and control exercised over the actions of the members, citizens, or inhabitants of communities, societies, and states; direction of the affairs of a state, community, etc.; political administration: Government is necessary to the existence of civilized society.'

These widely separated and inaccessible tribes are more closely adapted to that of the chief and council in the leadership roles, like that of a strongman, from the dictionary: any person regarded as a source of power, capability, initiative, etc.; or anyone who rules by force, a dictator. A council of elders, friends or petty satraps may be assembled to give counsel and approval to the strongman indicating a greater level of tribal support or acceptance for his actions.

Your still describing a form of government that is far different then your classic idea of a democracy or communism. Do you even know what the earliest form of government is, was and will be?

Your still describing a form of government that is far different then your classic idea of a democracy or communism. Do you even know what the earliest form of government is, was and will be?

Well wasn't the earliest forms we know of from Ancient Mesopotamian? Such as the Hammurabi's Code.

Although there is also: The oldest known evidence of a law code are tablets from the ancient city Ebla (Tell Mardikh in modern-day Syria). They date to about 2400 B.C.E. — approximately 600 years before Hammurabi put together his famous code.

Your answer is correct but the earliest form of government would be yourself how you govern yourself . The second form of government would be a marriage how would you rule your family. If you give up control to a government then you are nothing more then cattle being led here and there fed whatever diatribe they give you never asking questions.

Your answer is correct but the earliest form of government would be yourself how you govern yourself . The second form of government would be a marriage how would you rule your family. If you give up control to a government then you are nothing more then cattle being led here and there fed whatever diatribe they give you never asking questions.

That is true. And don't we already give control to the government when we are born. We already get our birth certificate with a government generated number and a social security card? Try getting a job without any of that info or even an ID. We are pretty much born into bondage. I know there are ways to opt out of them both but you better know how to live off the grid and even find a place you can do that which isn't owned by the government or people.

Survival is a core instinct inbred in all of us. History has to play out. What developes remains to be seen.

True and if their are an infinite amount of timelines on how it is played out. I really do believe thought creates our reality. So even your own thoughts can create the kind of timeline you want to be on. So it may even be a bad idea to dwell on negatively could happen. But I also know thinking positive all the time may or may not help. You know what they say. If you change yourself you can change the world.