Are people actually 'plant cursed'

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
I absolutely swear my mother and I both cannot keep plants alive. Has any scientific research been done to see if passive plant killing is hereditary? :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else?

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
I absolutely swear my mother and I both cannot keep plants alive. Has any scientific research been done to see if passive plant killing is hereditary? :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else?
I don't know the answer to this, but I do know that honey bees "like" some people and are less likely to sting them, whereas other people they didn't like and would immediately get aggressive. And this is regardless of the color of their clothes - which does affect their behavior. I would imagine it has to do with the person's own chemistry, and maybe their diet.
There are so many variables when it comes to plants - hydration and humidity, dust, chemistry/pH of the soil, light, and heat.
It might be the type of plant - some plants are easier to take care of given a certain environment.
There have been studies showing plants do respond to being talked to. So the atmosphere around the plant MIGHT be related - negative emotions, smoking, etc. It would be interesting to experiment. :)

Anyone else?
Maybe you have bad breath? :ROFLMAO: jkjk

I have heard talking to them is supposed to help but I am not into growing plants. I wouldn't mind growing some Marijuana plants though if it was legal in my rotten state.:ROFLMAO:

Anyone else?
I think the people who do best by plants are those using fewer synthetic things in the course of their days, such as chemicals, inferior plastics, electric, etc., and those faring poor use more.

I don't know the answer to this, but I do know that honey bees "like" some people and are less likely to sting them, whereas other people they didn't like and would immediately get aggressive. And this is regardless of the color of their clothes - which does affect their behavior. I would imagine it has to do with the person's own chemistry, and maybe their diet.
There are so many variables when it comes to plants - hydration and humidity, dust, chemistry/pH of the soil, light, and heat.
It might be the type of plant - some plants are easier to take care of given a certain environment.
There have been studies showing plants do respond to being talked to. So the atmosphere around the plant MIGHT be related - negative emotions, smoking, etc. It would be interesting to experiment. :)
It's primarily your approach, not to a plant. If the plant were sentient, appreciate his fruits.

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
Let me tell you something funny. When it comes to growing plants in my home, it's been a bit of a struggle. I don't know why, but it's like my green thumb is more like a "brown thumb." No matter how hard I try, my poor plants end up looking all sad and droopy with wilted leaves. But here's where things get interesting: when it comes to my aquarium, it's a whole different story! It's like I've discovered my secret talent for underwater gardening. My fish are having a blast, the plants in the tank are thriving, and everything just seems to be swimming along perfectly. I guess we all have our unique strengths, don't we? :D