Antarctica could melt 'irreversibly' due to climate change, study warns

Page 3 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
So,,, what is the solution to all of this mayhem? Haven't you said all this once before?
There might be no solution... But what I think personally, in a guess, as it is probably impossible for any single person to figure this out alone, that there is probably no one solution fits all.
I think population decrease is a must. But go figure how to do that with billions believing in a myriad of divinities. And I think change of life is a must too, because the average one person in the EU or USA is definitely not counting in terms of pollution as the average person in the Amazon or some regions in Africa.

Ideally, we humans would accept we are only one kind (no races) so nobody would care about the stereotypical caucasian disappearing (if global warming continues current trend the fair skin ones better hide underground). Ideally all flags and passports go to the garbage and we accept migration is part of our past and future and we don't own the earth, we are part of the belongings of the earth.

But in reality, 20% of population might be too selfish for any changes, 70% follows whatever is told, rest is not enough...

Not too positive. Except we might not need to do anything if a big enough asteorid comes again our path:). It can be next year.

Oct 18, 2023
Visit site
Irreversible? On what timescale? We are in an interglacial period right now, which will end within the next 10,000 years. The ice caps are thought to have melted completely during the last interglacial period and it's probably going to happen again. After that, we expect them to freeze over for around 80,000 years, until the next interglacial period.

Reactions: DSyno
Mar 11, 2024
Visit site
There might be no solution... But what I think personally, in a guess, as it is probably impossible for any single person to figure this out alone, that there is probably no one solution fits all.
I think population decrease is a must. But go figure how to do that with billions believing in a myriad of divinities. And I think change of life is a must too, because the average one person in the EU or USA is definitely not counting in terms of pollution as the average person in the Amazon or some regions in Africa.

Ideally, we humans would accept we are only one kind (no races) so nobody would care about the stereotypical caucasian disappearing (if global warming continues current trend the fair skin ones better hide underground). Ideally all flags and passports go to the garbage and we accept migration is part of our past and future and we don't own the earth, we are part of the belongings of the earth.

But in reality, 20% of population might be too selfish for any changes, 70% follows whatever is told, rest is not enough...

Not too positive. Except we might not need to do anything if a big enough asteorid comes again our path:). It can be next year.
Stereotypical unintelligent Democrat written all over this guy.

Oct 18, 2023
Visit site
The IPCC claims that the ice caps melted away during the last interglacial period. They came back.

Other cultures also built along the coastline earler and had their cities swallowed up by the ocean.

Reactions: DSyno
Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
Did you hear about the latest study warning about irreversible melting in Antarctica due to climate change? It's alarming how urgent action is needed to combat this crisis. Let's spread awareness about this pressing issue on Red WhatsApp update and encourage everyone to take meaningful steps towards sustainability. Our planet's future depends on it

Mar 11, 2024
Visit site
Did you hear about the latest study warning about irreversible melting in Antarctica due to climate change? It's alarming how urgent action is needed to combat this crisis. Let's spread awareness about this pressing issue on Red WhatsApp update and encourage everyone to take meaningful steps towards sustainability. Our planet's future depends on it
Did you not hear that Alaska used to be as hot as Florida? Did you not hear that we're coming off the last ice age, so of course temperatures continue to slowly rise? Did you hear that humans are so full of hubris that they think they are destroying nature and can control it?