American Association of Variable Star Observers 110th Anniversary!

Sep 22, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone! I recently came across an event that I think you would all enjoy! Here's what they had to say when I reached out for more information
:)

Join us in person for AAVSO's 110th Anniversary Annual Meeting at The Row Hotel, located just outside Boston, MA, November 5-7, 2021!

The Annual Meeting includes a reception with an opening speaker Friday night, and two full days of keynote speakers, presentations, poster research and observing section discussions, and ends with a banquet Sunday night. Also experience additional in-person perks celebrating our 110th year!
There will also be a 2-day Spectroscopy Workshop for beginner through advanced participants on November 3-4.

Don't miss our keynote speakers on the 6th and 7th:

• Sara Seager - Planetary Science, Physics, and Aerospace Engineering MIT-"TESS Exoplanets and Beyond"
  • Andrea Dupree -Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CFA)-"The Mysterious Great Dimming of Betelgeuse"
  • David Latham -Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CFA)-"Spectroscopy of Eclipsing Binaries and Brown Dwarfs Identified by TESS"
  • Joe Patterson - Columbia University- “A Network's Observations of Cataclysmic Variables” (working title)
The event seems like it would be a lot of fun! I hope I was able to share something with you as I'm new to this forum.

Best,
Julia

Hi everyone! I recently came across an event that I think you would all enjoy! Here's what they had to say when I reached out for more information
:)

Join us in person for AAVSO's 110th Anniversary Annual Meeting at The Row Hotel, located just outside Boston, MA, November 5-7, 2021!

The Annual Meeting includes a reception with an opening speaker Friday night, and two full days of keynote speakers, presentations, poster research and observing section discussions, and ends with a banquet Sunday night. Also experience additional in-person perks celebrating our 110th year!
There will also be a 2-day Spectroscopy Workshop for beginner through advanced participants on November 3-4.

Don't miss our keynote speakers on the 6th and 7th:

• Sara Seager - Planetary Science, Physics, and Aerospace Engineering MIT-"TESS Exoplanets and Beyond"
  • Andrea Dupree -Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CFA)-"The Mysterious Great Dimming of Betelgeuse"
  • David Latham -Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CFA)-"Spectroscopy of Eclipsing Binaries and Brown Dwarfs Identified by TESS"
  • Joe Patterson - Columbia University- “A Network's Observations of Cataclysmic Variables” (working title)
The event seems like it would be a lot of fun! I hope I was able to share something with you as I'm new to this forum.

Best,
Julia

Outstanding, julrom20! I'll look into attending!
Hartmann352