Amazing Black scientists

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
I would include Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysicist/Astronomer. He holds degrees from Univ. of Texas at Austin, Columbia, and has held positions at Princeton and Harvard. Since 1996 he has been Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York. His made for TV series on Cosmos has inspired students of science, and greatly increased interest and awareness among black students that they too could be a scientist!

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
Black scientists have contributed to society and made groundbreaking discoveries throughout history and continue to do so to this day. Here's a look at just a few of the amazing Black scientists from the past and present.

Amazing Black scientists : Read more
Why do you think it's ok to be openly Racist against non-blacks? Would you now do a story titled "White scientists have contributed to society and made groundbreaking discoveries throughout history and continue to do so to this day. Here's a look at just a few of the amazing white scientists from the past and present". Or maybe you think that "showboat virtue signalling" is ok. What about half Blacks...which side should they be on? Stop the racist identity politics game...it's dangerous and wrong.

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
It's great to acknowledge an individual's achievements and provide information on science contributions, however, why publish an article that emphasizes race? The ignorance, and frankly incompetence of this only creates more division in an already hyperbolic, media-infested, propaganda race machine that wants society to believe minorities are somehow unequal. Well, unless you've been "quarantined' for the last 20+ years, minorities along with "whites" have made exceptional progress in all facets of society - Including the presidency! So stop with the race demagoguery and focus on an individuals achievements or innate abilities rather than exploiting the irrelevancy of a persons race.

A Theology graduate from my undergraduate alma mater, Boston University, said in what has become his most famous speech from August 28, 1963, in Washington, DC: "I have a dream,” that “my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character” and the desire to “transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.” -- Martin Luther King

I learned a long time ago as a firefighter one simple fact: when crawling through the superheated steam and smoke which made it impossible to see, that there was no way to tell who you were going to rescue or recover. All you could tell was that another person was in trouble and they needed help.