Alien-like photo shows snake eel dangling out of heron's stomach in midair

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Poor animal, I hope it survives the encounter.
I find it totally amazing that this bird can even swallow a prey this big!

It seems the eel is not ready to let go until the bird has landed, smart😀

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
They might both die. That would be a large hole in the heron, and the eel might drop out too far above ground & away from water... not good chances for either of them.

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Didn't think you're kind believed in science - or even rational thought - don't you belong somewhere else ? Like howtoplayhopscotch.com, howtotextinallcaps.com or imnotadipshityoureadipshit.com?

May 19, 2020
Visit site
No sense of humor, huh? That would mean you didn't get the reference to Monty Python; albeit that's probably before your time. Shouldn't you be out kicking puppies or something? Such an angry little brat.

Reactions: BLOND TROUBLE
Jan 10, 2022
Visit site
This actually looks like the snake eel is coming out from the lower neck/crop area. I would imagine it would be an easier task to burrough out through the crop than the stomach, which would be a lot tougher tissue and located lower down, just past the keel.
100% right. The eel is dangling from the crop not the stomach. Most birds store their food in the crop before it is deposited into the stomach. The fact the the eel is alive is a pretty good indicator that it hadn't mad it into the stomach.