Alarming heat waves hit Arctic and Antarctica at the same time

Irrespective of my opinion on CLimate Change/ Global Warming, I think all countries need to include a subject 'World Impacting Scenarios'.

There are too many people with wrong information in the 'for' and the 'against' camps, so hopefully targeted education can pull in these extremes and lead people to pursue a rewarding career in proving a known/ anticipated position at the time wrong.

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site
Irrespective of my opinion on CLimate Change/ Global Warming, I think all countries need to include a subject 'World Impacting Scenarios'.

There are too many people with wrong information in the 'for' and the 'against' camps, so hopefully targeted education can pull in these extremes and lead people to pursue a rewarding career in proving a known/ anticipated position at the time wrong.
While I can agree with you here, as an "against" camper, I can't take any of the science seriously when all it produces is study after study of ,"could have, might be, maybe if, perhaps, results" by noted and respectable scientists.
I would pay closer attention to evidence like photos of clear ice pools from melted ice accumulations, or the showing of dirty snow areas that were once white. Simple but never done things like that cast doubt from the start.

While I can agree with you here, as an "against" camper, I can't take any of the science seriously when all it produces is study after study of ,"could have, might be, maybe if, perhaps, results" by noted and respectable scientists.
I would pay closer attention to evidence like photos of clear ice pools from melted ice accumulations, or the showing of dirty snow areas that were once white. Simple but never done things like that cast doubt from the start.

This is completely moving away from my comment where I believe generations needed to be educated on a position to a point they are able to draw their own conclusions without strengthening their position by merely blaming someone else to allow their position to seem stronger...

The drains for my sink becomes blocked and with the tap on, the sink starts to fill quickly... I sound an alarm that the kitchen is going to be flooded, so the tap is turned off.... The drain is unblocked.... The taps are turned on and the water flows away,,,
Under this scenario your position would be to not believe my warning, as the sink is not overflowing.

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site
This is completely moving away from my comment where I believe generations needed to be educated on a position to a point they are able to draw their own conclusions without strengthening their position by merely blaming someone else to allow their position to seem stronger...

The drains for my sink becomes blocked and with the tap on, the sink starts to fill quickly... I sound an alarm that the kitchen is going to be flooded, so the tap is turned off.... The drain is unblocked.... The taps are turned on and the water flows away,,,
Under this scenario your position would be to not believe my warning, as the sink is not overflowing.

It would be nice to see education valued more today than before online. Knowing it's a bad thing but not knowing how that is,.. is enough today to steer away.

No, my position would be not to leave the alarm running all the time just in case, maybe perhaps a blockage appears. "It could get cold and your water wont flow". "There might be a fire and boil it away" Are not reasons to activate the alarm.

Before humans, Who cared about heat waves in the poles ? We must remember, we are the only species that feels that way.

The way I see the concerns about planet climate headed, is prepping for the worst and missing the best.

Agree... Lets try and use every resource, spoil every natural habitat e.g. the Galapagos Islands.... May as well enjoy it while we can and doesn;t really matter about anyone else. Real shame you cant take some of the wildlife away as pets to enjoy for ourselves and family.