Activities and online resources for homebound kids

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
I found a great resource that my kids are loving. It has videos and worksheets and the people running the online classes are so quirky and cool! It's called STEM Punks. www.stempunks.com My kids can't get enough of them.

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
Arduino and Raspberry Pi are great ways for middle school and older kids to get some hands-on coding and engineering knowledge during their time at home. Kits can be purchased from Amazon, Adafruit, etc. , and there are lots of free resources available on Instructables, or with free courses like these from Makecrate, which also sells similar on a subscription basis.

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Maybe this is something you could let people know about.
Me and að friend of mine have done children books here in Iceland for a few years.
Just some extra fun for us.
He writes them while I illustrate them.
Because of the corona virus, we did a free colouring book, it also has a story. It's about the virus,
without being about the virus. Little bit lighter then a virus.

Since many people here in Iceland do not understand Icelandic, we did a english version also.

I just wanted to let you know about it, here it is : https://joikassi.is/

Sincerely
Thorir Karl Celin

p.s.
The author is Konrad Sigurdsson.

May 28, 2020
Visit site
During this last, crazy period I found that chess are a very good and educational thing for kids at every age. I know that this statement is like reinventing the wheel, chess is not only a complicated game adults enjoy but also great fun for young children. Regardless of the child’s age, chess develops concentration, increases patience and positively affects the intellectual and emotional development of the child. The rules of chess are very simple and children can learn them already from around the age of three. Not everyone can or wants to become a professional chess player but everyone can use chess for learning. For this purpous I can recommend a book (net-bossorg/chess-puzzles-for-kids-by-maksim-aksanov) with bunch of great exercises, which will help you and your kids to be better in this :)