A US coronavirus outbreak is almost inevitable. Here's how you can prepare.

Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
The challenge of course is that you will take all precautions and when you finally come down with it and go to the emergency room, the hospital will say they just gave their last bed to a guy who didn't wear a mask. Seriously, if you're a person who catches every cold that goes around, the essential question is not how to avoid it forever but how to survive it once it hits.

Reactions: DianeMP
Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
The challenge of course is that you will take all precautions and when you finally come down with it and go to the emergency room, the hospital will say they just gave their last bed to a guy who didn't wear a mask. Seriously, if you're a person who catches every cold that goes around, the essential question is not how to avoid it forever but how to survive it once it hits.

I think it's inevitable to get it, unless I manage to stay inside until this blows over, and no one knows how long that would be. At 72 and with health problems, I'm extra-concerned. My most recent shopping spree gives me about a month of carefully-consumed food and other supplies, but prescriptions would need to be filled and delivered by an actual person. Mail, too. So, it's not possible to be completely isolated, just more than I already am. My "old person's pneumonia shot" might help me...who knows? If my local hospital has triage plans and an extra site for sick people, it's not anywhere on their website, even though a news article linked it "for more information."

Reactions: Dr. Shin
Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
The best way to avoid getting the coronavirus is to, first and foremost, postpone any travel to places with known outbreaks. You can also thoroughly wash your hands with soap; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; avoid close contact with people who are sick; and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.And I bought some masks from bmhshop.

Last edited: