Question A possible solution for global warming

Jul 24, 2021
Visit site
To start, I have read how collecting energy in orbit and transferring the energy back to Earth via laser would minutely heat the planet.

So with that in mind. If we did the reverse, send energy from Earth to space via laser, wouldn't that send heat to space? Thus helping to mitigate global warming.

I realize that using any old energy wouldn't provide a solution. If sustainable green energy, say geothermal, was used to power the laser, that would be taking energy straight from the Earth and sending it to space.

On the space end of things, I think it would be prudent to obit some sort of diffraction lens so any space objects would not be hit with a direct laser.

From the mind of an avid thinker without any scientific specialization or post secondary science education.

Can't wait to hear some feedback.

We have something much better than that. Do you know what the 10 u meter IR slot is? It's a slot of EM that the atmosphere will not oppose. It's a little lower in frequency than what the earth receives from the sun....the light and the warming IR. The idea is old, but recently, a cheap way to do this has been found. It requires no rare materials and no energy input to function, it's completely passive. And did I mention cheap. I think this is big news. A huge energy cost savings for heating and cooling and a great source of thermo-electric generation......while passively cooling. A dream come true.

But no one seems interested.

Reactions: C. William
Jul 24, 2021
Visit site
I have not heard of this before. Very interesting idea. As I understand what you are saying is we could harness this on Earth as a green source of energy. Your statement of passive cooling, does that refer to lowering the global temperature? Is this technology capable of sending heat out of the atmosphere into space?

Yes sending heat directly into space.......and it's a one way trip. This is a very big deal. Search "10 micrometer passive cooling". Spend a few hours on the results.

I started reading impressive reports over a year ago......at a 15-20 temp diff.........now it's at 60 degrees temp diff. Image touching your metal car body at high noon.......and it being 50 degrees below ambient temp. WITH NO ENERGY INPUT. This is HUGE.

The shape, size and refractive index of common glass beads can be radio tuned to do this. And it's improving even before much application.

AND there are complimentary discoveries for this. Recently, new composite materials have been made.....that drastically improves the thermo-electric effect. Which, allows electric generation from that temperature difference. Real power from a temp diff. Another dream come true.

SO......we have FREE heat energy removal...AND free power generation......WITHOUT power input......AND without moving parts.

There is no longer a energy crisis or shortage. And with further tuning and construction tech.......no need for a power grid in the future. Your house will heat and cool itself and also give you electrical power while doing it.

Think about that.

Reactions: C. William
Sunlight is free. The 10 u-meter sink slot is free. The two technologies I referred too, could easily out preform present solar and wind applications. And much cheaper. In most places, the temperature difference should reach the dew-point, and produce fresh water too. One would think with all the hoop-la over energy and climate, all the climate science nuts would be all over this.

It won't be long, and we will be able to control the entire EM spectrum thru glass,coatings and meta-materials. But I think some, don't want a solution.

Heating, cooling, electricity, and fresh water.........passively. Without any knowledge, we have always adapted. If we had real knowledge, we wouldn't have theories to BS about.

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site
This may sound a little stupid.....but did anyone pay attention to "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome"? What did they use for powering the city? Pig doo doo. The methane from it was used as a fuel. We have the technology to convert methane into energy instead of letting it escape into the atmosphere.

Many people who have pigs do that. Human do do works too, and is used also. Most big treatment plants do this.

How much do do does a person use? How about a steel or an aluminum plant? How much would the pigs consume, and how much would they emit? Who would care for all the pigs? Not so many houses around a pig farm. Odor is an emission too.

Aug 21, 2021
Visit site
To start, I have read how collecting energy in orbit and transferring the energy back to Earth via laser would minutely heat the planet.

So with that in mind. If we did the reverse, send energy from Earth to space via laser, wouldn't that send heat to space? Thus helping to mitigate global warming.

I realize that using any old energy wouldn't provide a solution. If sustainable green energy, say geothermal, was used to power the laser, that would be taking energy straight from the Earth and sending it to space.

On the space end of things, I think it would be prudent to obit some sort of diffraction lens so any space objects would not be hit with a direct laser.

From the mind of an avid thinker without any scientific specialization or post secondary science education.

Can't wait to hear some feedback.
A laser generate heat...doesnt absorb it. Therefore, the best you can do is harness the heat of the planet, to generate electricity, to run the laser. The problem:. The energy usage would be extreme, to no benefit

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
The overall impact shown by observation is ~1.5C for the last 50 years and ~2.0C during the last 150 years.

Considering the stability of natural effects during this period with mostly cooling effects due to tectonic activities, volcanoes, earthquakes, geysers.

Although, here are some specific periods that appear to have warmed or cooled faster than can be explained based on natural variability during that period.

10s of GW’s can already be produced from earth thermal energy per year.

'Many people in a lot of different specialties are working toward figuring out how to harness more geothermal energy. For example, computer scientists are teaching computers how to look for hot rocks; engineers are inventing new ways to drill and build geothermal reservoirs; and lots of scientists are getting their hands dirty by getting out of their labs to test their geothermal-related inventions in real-world conditions.'

Nature takes its time with processes, humanity needs to speed up with preventive processes of climate change as well (proactive, not reactive) and take advantage of technology and cooperation.

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
'Research reveals potential of an overlooked climate change solution'

'The relative concentration of methane has grown more than twice as fast as that of carbon dioxide since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. Removing methane from the atmosphere could reduce temperatures even faster than carbon dioxide removal alone because methane is 81 times more potent in terms of warming the climate over the first 20 years after its release, and about 27 times more potent over a century.
Unlike carbon dioxide, the bulk of methane emissions are human-driven.'

Scientists are deploying more measurement data collection drones, satellites. There should be more clear pictures, models and forecasts to come fast and effective.

I know of carbon dioxide, methane and water vapor as being green house gases with water vapor being the top gas. All three of these gases are necessary for Earth's ecosystem which supports life. The problem seems to me to be the generation of these gases, directly and indirectly, mainly by human economic activity. Basically there are too many people for the Earth to recycle the by-products of human activities in a ecologically balanced methodology. My sad, snide, snotty opinion is that humans as a species eventually will suffer the same fate as other overpopulated species have in Earth's history. However, we should try mightily to avoid such consequences. If removal/capture/recycle of the "Big Three" green house gasses may work, why not try to do so.

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
We should always keep in mind, that it is not bad habits, or lifestyle, or 'consumer society' solely.
Swearing industries, vehicles pollution, there is a lot of inclination to forget the bright side of the coin, for instance, medicine, fresh water, the infrastructure of the civilization.