A mysterious brain network may underlie many psychiatric disorders

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
Hmmm? The reason that psychiatric patients receive comorbid diagnoses, is that psychological constructs lack construct validity. It's like measuring disappointment vs. sadness---the two ideas are not separate and cannot be used as independant variables. In fact, there is no inte-rater reliability between dsm constructs anyway. If you line up 100 clinicians and have them assess the same person, you will not receive any scientific agreement. Also, brain networks, energy, electricity, whatever you want to call it, is merely another way of measuring the same observation. So in other words, if I wake up everyday and tell you that I have a strong worry that I ran over someone, I will possibly be diagnosed with ocd, if I meet all criteria and I present consistently, and remember that no two clinicians agree on this and then if we measure the brain, guess what we will see.......that same pattern. That basically says nothing. And if you doubt that, would you want to live in a world, where we could use some quick intervention to make a brain stop worrying?? I suppose if you're depression is bad enough, the answer is "yes". But rest assured that it will return in a different flavor, because most of the causes of these disorders are due to trauma, misattunment, relational rejection, and basically fear. If you keep chasing all these symptoms and concepts around in circles, you will either have fun like a dog and it's tail or maybe finally tire and re-think things. Just my two cents.

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Hmmm? The reason that psychiatric patients receive comorbid diagnoses, is that psychological constructs lack construct validity. It's like measuring disappointment vs. sadness---the two ideas are not separate and cannot be used as independant variables. In fact, there is no inte-rater reliability between dsm constructs anyway. If you line up 100 clinicians and have them assess the same person, you will not receive any scientific agreement. Also, brain networks, energy, electricity, whatever you want to call it, is merely another way of measuring the same observation. So in other words, if I wake up everyday and tell you that I have a strong worry that I ran over someone, I will possibly be diagnosed with ocd, if I meet all criteria and I present consistently, and remember that no two clinicians agree on this and then if we measure the brain, guess what we will see.......that same pattern. That basically says nothing. And if you doubt that, would you want to live in a world, where we could use some quick intervention to make a brain stop worrying?? I suppose if you're depression is bad enough, the answer is "yes". But rest assured that it will return in a different flavor, because most of the causes of these disorders are due to trauma, misattunment, relational rejection, and basically fear. If you keep chasing all these symptoms and concepts around in circles, you will either have fun like a dog and it's tail or maybe finally tire and re-think things. Just my two cents.

Yes, fear is the underlying cause. These disorders are all protection mechanisms tailored to the type of underlying hereditary and environmental trauma experienced. Of course with some "random/chance" variable factor added in, because this was never meant to be a perfect world no matter how hard we try. But it's either listen to Jesus and accept that we need to resurrect each other when we "die" because Him and his resurrection/life giving spirit still remains for faithful believers in what we understand as his teachings (for humanity as a common church). We either lay down across/on top of and grab their hands to resurrect them as the Bible states Jesus did; or activate those networks by emulating the end result with ECT or psylocybin, and/or stimulant drugs (death reversed in tarot) to mimic the end result of (DMT; the "spirit" molecule released prior to natural mortality/death) so we can have temporarily enhanced/restored cognitive/executive/physical function via simultaneous activation and/or (re-)activation of normal levels of electrical activity.

dineoes l... AKA "being woken from our slumber".

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Yes, fear is the underlying cause. These disorders are all protection mechanisms tailored to the type of underlying hereditary and environmental trauma experienced. Of course with some "random/chance" variable factor added in, because this was never meant to be a perfect world no matter how hard we try. But it's either listen to Jesus and accept that we need to resurrect each other when we "die" because Him and his resurrection/life giving spirit still remains for faithful believers in what we understand as his teachings (for humanity as a common church). We either lay down across/on top of and grab their hands to resurrect them as the Bible states Jesus did; or activate those networks by emulating the end result with ECT or psylocybin, and/or stimulant drugs (death reversed in tarot) to mimic the end result of (DMT; the "spirit" molecule released prior to natural mortality/death) so we can have temporarily enhanced/restored cognitive/executive/physical function via simultaneous activation and/or (re-)activation of normal levels of electrical activity.

dineoes l... AKA "being woken from our slumber".

OR... do you have any alternatives to Jesus' teachings OR current medical approach that does on way beyond beyond counseling and can come ask why here after dark and we behaviorial therapy/CBT?

Nov 18, 2020
Visit site
A study of the brains of religious idiots would be fascinating. There's an undeniably strong interplay of fear, delusion and stupidity coming from those quarters.

Evangelical bohos like the one responding to chicocliff's comment exemplifies the horror that has been happening throughout history where religious dingbats have been allowed to terrorise freely people of different religious persuasions. Atheists bear the brunt of the bible thumping. Some of the religious bohos hound individuals by organising themselves into groups that follow their victims in public places. The trauma caused by such behaviour is real. And the behaviour I describe coming from these idiots is nothing short of harassment. They make themselves exceedingly unlikeable and they think they're doing good work. Such is the degree of their delusion. Rejection of any or every aspect of the hogwash is taken as a personal affront and they want revenge.

Rejecting them and the abuse that comes from them and their religion doesn't make people unholy or mentally defunct. Maybe instead of harassing people they should look deep and honestly ask themselves if their belief in resurrection and eternal life did not spring from their fear of death. It's the same reason many people procreate - pass on their genes so they don't disappear into nothingness and oblivion. It's the fear of death and vanity that keep the dastardly stupid popping mini people that they then mould into insipid adults like themselves. Religious leaders and institutions prey on stupid because they are rank and because stupid begs for it.

They used to be content with labelling critics and dissenters of their beliefs witches, demons, possessed, and everything else along the line of all that is unholy. But then they've been called out for being simple and blanketing the religion under heaps of superstition and hoodoo. The result is an attempt to come across all scientific and intellectual. That too fails miserably, like the attempt to draw people to Christianity. First they taint religion with hoodoo, then they taint science with religious hogwash. There is nothing so revolting as stupidity. Please do your own hoodoo and leave others be. It's sickening finding religious nitwits muddying non-religious literature.

Oh, one more point I wish to make is that some people are owls. It does not mean they need CBT. Another example I see of qtippio and their ilk displaying an intolerance of people who are not like them. Or shall I put it down to sheer ignorance.

Last edited:
Reactions: justintime
Jan 19, 2023
Visit site
A study of the brains of religious idiots would be fascinating. There's an undeniably strong interplay of fear, delusion and stupidity coming from those quarters.

Evangelical bohos like the one responding to chicocliff's comment exemplifies the horror that has been happening throughout history where religious dingbats have been allowed to terrorise freely people of different religious persuasions. Atheists bear the brunt of the bible thumping. Some of the religious bohos hound individuals by organising themselves into groups that follow their victims in public places. The trauma caused by such behaviour is real. And the behaviour I describe coming from these idiots is nothing short of harassment. They make themselves exceedingly unlikeable and they think they're doing good work. Such is the degree of their delusion. Rejection of any or every aspect of the hogwash is taken as a personal affront and they want revenge.

Sounds like one for the the moral police

They're a problem here in Australia.

Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
My son was diagnosed with grey matter heterotopia at age 15 after he started having seizures. He had previously been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, Melnick Frasier Syndrome, Duanes Syndrome, etc. He is now 30 and I was wondering if there were any neurologists, doctors, etc in the Birmingham, Alabama area that know about this type of diagnosis and know how to treat a patient with this.

I appreciate your help.

Regina