A burst of gravitational waves hit our planet. Astronomers have no clue where it’s from.

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
Here's my theory. What if two black holes smack together head on exactly. There's no dance of death. Just one big thud. The signature would look totally different. This signature could be a model for future searches of the database.

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
I'll provided another theory, might not be too "out there". In the 2009, trilogy by Cixin Liu, Remembrance of Earth's Past, in the first book, Three Body Problem, the main character of the first half of the book communicated using gravitational waves with a foreign entity in space using communications satellites to amplify and bounce a wave off of our sun in the form of a gravitational wave. It could be possible communication from another solar system.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone thought about that this may be what is detectable when a vessel uses a wormhole as a means if travel
I was going to write the exact same thing! I agree, I would think that the appearance of a wormhole, either natural or created would create a very weak, fast, nearly undetectable gravitational wave signal.

Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone thought about that this may be what is detectable when a vessel uses a wormhole as a means if travel
If this happened when a wormhole is used then there would be constant waves due to the billions of interstellar ships using worm holes. Unless we're alone.

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
As space-time has some properties of elastic bodies (it recovers its former shape when cause of deformación disappears), longitudinal waves (like gravitational waves produced by star colapse) can be faster than transverse waves like light. It means that this burst of gravitational waves can come from Betegeuse and light and neutrino evidence would arrive later. If ir happens something similar to other elastic bodies, gravitational waves could have a speed about 1.5c. Then we would see the collapse in about 200 years.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
As space-time has some properties of elastic bodies (it recovers its former shape when cause of deformación disappears), longitudinal waves (like gravitational waves produced by star colapse) can be faster than transverse waves like light. It means that this burst of gravitational waves can come from Betegeuse and light and neutrino evidence would arrive later. If ir happens something similar to other elastic bodies, gravitational waves could have a speed about 1.5c. Then we would see the collapse in about 200 years.
What a meaningless pile of Felgercarb! Only a truly, scientifically illiterate idiot would post such drivel.