A Blue Whale Had His Heartbeat Taken for the First Time Ever — And Scientists Are Shocked

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Scientists recorded a blue whale's heartbeat for the first time, and found that the world's largest creatures can survive on just two beats per minute while diving for food.

A Blue Whale Had His Heartbeat Taken for the First Time Ever — And Scientists Are Shocked : Read more

This article refers to blue whales "filling their bellies with tasty fish."

Blue whales do not eat fish. They eat mostly krill, and assorted copepods. The biggest animal on the plant survives by eating some of the smallest.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
of course they do, David - a Blue Whale ingests whatever creatures are trapped in its baleen - which includes tiny fish, by the barrell

khuber

BANNED
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Slow heartbeat makes perfect sense if the heart is a ram driven by voltage across capillary and blood vessel walls PUSHING blood into the heart. See Human Heart, Cosmic Heart by Thomas Cowan.

MD1

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Slow heartbeat makes perfect sense if the heart is a ram driven by voltage across capillary and blood vessel walls PUSHING blood into the heart. See Human Heart, Cosmic Heart by Thomas Cowan.
Medical scientists don't publish books, they publish peer-reviewed papers in academic journals. A look into Cowan's background shows support for homeopathy (a complete hoax / pseudoscience), and Anthroposophic medicine (occult / spiritual healing) just to name a couple of farcical notions he promotes. An additional search for peer-reviewed articles he's written turns up nothing. Seems to me he make money selling snake oil to people who know less than he does. As a professor of anatomy and physiology myself, and as someone who has cut into many human bodies, your statement (or Cowen's statement) about voltages across capillary and blood vessel walls makes no sense, from both an anatomical and chemistry/physics point of view. I'm not saying it's your fault for falling for his nonsense, but his fault for pushing fake science on unsuspecting people just to make a buck on book sales.

khuber

BANNED
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Read Professor Gerald Pollack's The Fourth Phase of Water. It's a good introduction. And if you can open your mind a bit, Cowan's book as well. There's a whole world out there that has nothing to do with making money. Don't be so dismissive. I too have degrees and experience. If you really want to think about weird science, consider Professor Tiller's work showing that thoughts can affect matter and the outcome of experiments. Might negative thoughts prevent replication of experiments? Conventional medicine is failing us and seems 20 years behind current research. We need to look elsewhere.