3-billion-year-old Earth had water everywhere, but not one continent, study suggests

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
It's taking these creation deniers a long time to figure these things out but they will get there eventually. Have patience. Those of us who have already read the Bible already knew the world had no continents and was completely covered by water at one point. Also we already guessed that oxygen would be richer in the past. That's why we find dragonflies with the wingspan of around 2 ft. Things grew much bigger in the pre-flood era. My guess is that by the end of my lifetime the whole Evolutionary faith based belief system will be abandoned along with its timeline of billions of years in favor of the Biblical timeline of about 6,000 years. There is no longer any excuse to believe in the naturalistic worldview anymore. I've studied science for a long time and let me tell you the more I study it the more it points me towards an intelligent creator. If you study science from an unbiased point of view you will ultimately come to the same conclusion.
With respect this is a science page, and we know the universe is over a billion years old because we are able to measure space. The universe is still growing at an accelerated pace..

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
With respect this is a science page, and we know the universe is over a billion years old because we are able to measure space. The universe is still growing at an accelerated pace..
If this is strictly a science page then why am I seeing Evolution theory mixed in here? It's clearly not just a science page. The evolutionary worldview has no place in Science. It's technically a Godless religion. It has nothing whatsoever to do with science because it is a faith based belief. Nobody has ever proven that life came from non life but if you believe it did then I'd like to see some proof of it but instead I only get stories about how some people think it might have happened. Until then I will consider it a faith based belief system as it should be treated. We can measure some space but nobody knows how big the whole of space is and anyone who claims they know is lying. Real science would admit this. This is part of the reason why Evolution is not credible. It's full of lies. The only people who still believe this are the people who want an excuse to not believe in God. Believing in a creator is intuitive. We all have it in us to believe in God naturally . Believing that the universe came from a dot that came from nowhere then rapidly expanded after spinning around is the most ******** thing I've ever heard in my life. And here we are today fully functional human beings. I feel bad for people who believe this garbage and don't have enough common sense to know this isn't true. They are trapped in a delusional worldview. Very sad.

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
If this is strictly a science page then why am I seeing Evolution theory mixed in here? It's clearly not just a science page. The evolutionary worldview has no place in Science. It's technically a Godless religion. It has nothing whatsoever to do with science because it is a faith based belief. Nobody has ever proven that life came from non life but if you believe it did then I'd like to see some proof of it but instead I only get stories about how some people think it might have happened. Until then I will consider it a faith based belief system as it should be treated. We can measure some space but nobody knows how big the whole of space is and anyone who claims they know is lying. Real science would admit this. This is part of the reason why Evolution is not credible. It's full of lies. The only people who still believe this are the people who want an excuse to not believe in God. Believing in a creator is intuitive. We all have it in us to believe in God naturally . Believing that the universe came from a dot that came from nowhere then rapidly expanded after spinning around is the most ******** thing I've ever heard in my life. And here we are today fully functional human beings. I feel bad for people who believe this garbage and don't have enough common sense to know this isn't true. They are trapped in a delusional worldview. Very sad.
We are just mammals evolving from the mighty Shrew that survived the extinction of the dinosaurs.. Big up the shrew!

If the world had no continents and was covered with water, what did Noah build his Ark with? And then bother to float down to pick up kangaroos and back up to get polar bears? And, those huge dragonflies must have had to land on something. If you study logic you will understand?

and before someone snake bites me: Not evangelizing, just sayin You choose

Exactly trying to put your erroneous ideas over to others, in places they don't fit. There is no choice given.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Your commenting here is "evil", in your own terms: it is wrong.

Last edited:
Those erroneous superstitions written in the Holy Bible, which I am certain you have never read from cover to cover.

Statistics says clearly that on average non-religious people know the religion better than the religious know its own. (With the exception in US of Mormons and - likely mostly also secular - Jews.) That is after all why so many kick the early brainwashing - even the latest generation in the Arab world has started after 2012, with Tunisia more than 50 % irreligious, according to available statistics - and Europe is now dominantly secular. Facts are evidence enough. :-D So I'm certain very few religious has read the myth.

But your myth and/or theology is irrelevant: today evidence has put astrology, religion and homeopathy in the same bin. Your term "blasphemous" imply that I would accept your superstition - I do not - or is unduly criticizing your evangelization - I am not.

Last edited:
Byproducts of nuclear reactions formatted ocean, of which impact on further exhaust products lead to more consistent masses of stones and soil atop.

Thanks you for discussing points of the article among all those immoral, inane religious trolls that do not belong here!

Well, elements like oxygen are the results of fusion, most from earlier stars before the protoplanetary disk formed - so it produced and contained chemicals like water. Estimates say the main part of water was accreted with the other planetary building blocks and the mantle always contained it. The current model is that formation heat released gas, like water vapor, into the early atmosphere, and it rained out as the primordial ocean.

And then life evolved.

May 22, 2020
Visit site
The Planetary Sea

After seeing this very short but very condensed lakonic feed published about 3 years before this strange article, the things start to feel even stranger...

Bekim Bacaj
April 26, 2017 ·
All the salt on Earth, (NaCl being predominant), is molar equivalent of the original amount of water forming a planetary sea. And it all came into being from a simple acid-base reaction / neutralization.
Ironically, you will not find this in books:
But if we start loosing more water to the outer space, more than it is currently being generated, we loose everything!
Our planet is as good as the 'red one'.

We cannot lose water to outer space, Bekim. The best that might be done is to photolytically break up the water in the stratosphere, keep the oxygen and send the light hydrogen to space. That's where the early Earth's oxygen (before photosynthesis) came from. It permitted an ozone screen needed to allow RNA/DNA to evolve and eventually cyanobacterial oxygen.

May 22, 2020
Visit site
We cannot lose water to outer space, Bekim. The best that might be done is to photolytically break up the water in the stratosphere, keep the oxygen and send the light hydrogen to space. That's where the early Earth's oxygen (before photosynthesis) came from. It permitted an ozone screen needed to allow RNA/DNA to evolve and eventually cyanobacterial oxygen.
Ozone is almost 3 times heavier than water molecules ...
Ozone (O3) is also a two bits heavier than Carbon Dioxide (CO2) ...

And oxidized carbon is almost four times heavier than carbon in the ground. Without ozone protecting photosynthesis there wouldn't be any organic carbon to worry about. One part-per-million of CO2 weighs about 8,000 million tons. And the ozone is in the stratosphere protecting you.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
It's taking these creation deniers a long time to figure these things out but they will get there eventually. Have patience. Those of us who have already read the Bible already knew the world had no continents and was completely covered by water at one point. Also we already guessed that oxygen would be richer in the past. That's why we find dragonflies with the wingspan of around 2 ft. Things grew much bigger in the pre-flood era. My guess is that by the end of my lifetime the whole Evolutionary faith based belief system will be abandoned along with its timeline of billions of years in favor of the Biblical timeline of about 6,000 years. There is no longer any excuse to believe in the naturalistic worldview anymore. I've studied science for a long time and let me tell you the more I study it the more it points me towards an intelligent creator. If you study science from an unbiased point of view you will ultimately come to the same conclusion.
Someone, I for get who, stated that, to God, a thousand years is as a day and a day is as a thousand years. The former makes our biblical timeline a mere 6 days to God. The latter allows a biblical timeline of (6000 "yrs" * 365.25 "days" * 1000 years) 2,191,500,000 years (2.19 billion, plus a bit) for Humans. As we don't know how God runs His personal timeline, we can't require His universe to answer to our expectations. (On the potentially ludicrous side, He may manually shift electrons in every single "instant reaction" to get them to appear instant. Or, just set things running, checking in every few thousand/million years, and go back and edit as He thinks is needed. We literally don't know.)

I've always wondered about that world filled with water without any continents. Where did all those animals live? How did Noah get those lobsters, flounders, tigers and kangaroos on his boat... and when the water subsided, get them all home again? "We literally don't know"?