3,000-year-old head may be face of God

"Overall "Garfinkel's article is riddled with factual inaccuracies and a flawed methodological approach, which ignores all the current and most relevant publications..."

But., right or wrong it got the publicity he probably sought and needed?

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Reminds me of a story I heard from a Quaker Friend of mine, about a teacher going round the classroom looking at the drawings the children were doing. She asked one child what his drawing was supposed to be, and replied that he was drawing a picture of God. The teacher said "Oh, but of course nobody knows what God looks like". The child replied "Well I haven't finished yet".

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
What ever that means to you. Did you ever have any real experiences ? I did - form 5 death experiences, to spending 40 years traveling out of the body. To working with three Deities. There are three- not the father son and holy ghost but - GOD - light n sound - which is spirit and soul which is what we are. There are angels , deities and demons in there as well.

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
I always enjoy when people stitch irrelevances together to make either sense or no sense. Was this the first artifact showing an image riding an horse?

And citing Habakku - Was Habakku right or was his view an imagination - Where was he at that time, very likely to be by river side or sea side and very likely to be a clear day or cloudy when the cloud was moving and forming all sorts up there in the sky. The rapid movement or slow movement in the sky is very likely to have prompted that observatuon of a God riding an horse in the sky. I have some pictures I shot. of objects in the sky.

Reactions: Nytowl223
As a scientist, I find insufficient means to validate the concept of some form of a supreme being and don't understand why some ancient group believing anything of that nature elicits any attention, millions of people have believed millions of things without any support for them!

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
A clay head that s back almost 3,000 years may be a rare depiction of Yahweh, or God. But other archaeologists aren't convinced.

3,000-year-old head may be face of God : Read more
Oh man , fact check this. I know theologians argue things but what one needs to do is keep in context and not quote side Bible verse . If we go on to verse 5 it reads "You shall not bow down to them or worship them". So the issue wasn't making likenesses it was worshiping them. See refer to verse 3 "You shall have no other gods before me". But you can make images for decoration.

Also there is no pantheon of "El" ,it is a generic word for god that could be used for any god, including Hadad, Moloch, or Yahweh. In the Tanakh, 'elōhîm is the normal word for a god or the great god (or gods, given that the 'im' suffix makes a word plural in Hebrew). This lends to the idea of at least Jesus being present with Jehovah. It is also a prefix for many of the scripture forms of how Jehovah/YHWH is described in scripture.

But let them argue. ppl have for centuries. :rolleyes:

Oh, I am a teacher of religion for the record but feel free to disagree.

As a scientist, I find insufficient means to validate the concept of some form of a supreme being and don't understand why some ancient group believing anything of that nature elicits any attention, millions of people have believed millions of things without any support for them!
How about the idea that a higher power, God to some people, created our universe just to see what would happen through evolution using natural scientific laws (also created)? Billions of years of nothing, then our solar system, Sun and the Earth, DNA, proteins and microbes followed by complex life, invertebrates leading to vertebrates... people now discussing the whole thing.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
How about the idea that a higher power, God to some people, created our universe just to see what would happen through evolution using natural scientific laws (also created)? Billions of years of nothing, then our solar system, Sun and the Earth, DNA, proteins and microbes followed by complex life, invertebrates leading to vertebrates... people now discussing the whole thing.
and you can prove this?

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
Wait, "you shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below?" So you couldn't make any image of anything? Sounds like a really harsh art critic! And no fun at all, for that matter. 🙄

Because some peoples, especially SCIENTISTS, may accuse me that I classified the human being as BLIND, I bring here one recent message:

"Light is life. Without light, life on our planet would not exist. In studying light through astrophysics, we delve into some of the deepest mysteries of the universe. In exploring optics and quantum optics, we plunge into the heart of matter itself.

It is therefore unsurprising that, across cultures, light is a universal symbol of life, inclusion, and renewal. Light is associated with illumination, or spiritual awakening. Light is seen in opposition to darkness, which represents ignorance and intolerance. Although light symbolizes knowledge, we are still blind to many of its everyday applications. The high broadband speeds we use today could not have been achieved without fibre optics. DVDs and Blu-Ray discs could not be read without light. Solar energy is a source of heating. Light-based technologies are essential in healthcare, where optical instruments and tools are used for analysis and imaging, and ultraviolet light sources are used for sterilization. These technologies are also essential for sequencing genomes – like that of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, currently wreaking havoc around the world. It is these exceptional properties that we celebrate every 16 May, on the International Day of Light. This year, as the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, we hope that this event will also be an opportunity to shed light on unprecedented global challenges."
— Shamila Nair-Bedouelle - Assistant Director-General for NaturalSciences, on the occasion of the International Day of Light 2020 (https://en.unesco.org/commemorations/dayoflight)

and an scientist opinion:
As scientists, our role in society is to act as guardians of truth. Our mission is to discover things that are true, to share that truth with society, and to protect it from corruption and preserve it for future generations. But here’s the thing: we are not alone in that. Discovering and defending truth is also the mission of our colleagues in the arts, social sciences, and humanities, as well as journalists. Many of these fields have long been targets of scorn and derision from the most regressive elements in society, and the culture wars of the past few decades have engendered distrust of the media and resentment toward those who embrace social justice. It may be tempting to think that these groups represent softer targets, and that if we distance and differentiate ourselves from them, we can maintain the status quo in science. But if we are to defend science, we must stand together with the other truth-tellers, including our non-scientist colleagues. (Jon F. Wilkins -

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/opinion-scientists-must-think-beyond-science-31786)

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
Considering human are 30.000 years old and they worked with deities and then aliens- That is not a face of God in any way. Why. God Is not going to have any kind of look that a HUMAN would want to see as the real God. mankind still likes the idea we are in it's Image. Another programmed idea.

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
"Overall "Garfinkel's article is riddled with factual inaccuracies and a flawed methodological approach, which ignores all the current and most relevant publications..."

But., right or wrong it got the publicity he probably sought and needed?

If you think that then you need to read the books "Did God Have a Wife?" By William dever and "Yahweh and The Gods and Goddesses of Canaan" by John Day.Also Google the numerous inscriptions that talk about Yhwh and his Asherah

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
A clay head that s back almost 3,000 years may be a rare depiction of Yahweh, or God. But other archaeologists aren't convinced.

3,000-year-old head may be face of God : Read more
First one would have to have experienced God to draw IT, So who really experienced God> If one thinks they can talk about two God they did not experience either. Second one would have something truly important to say. I did not hear anything important since 911. But the people I heard it from did nothing to stop it. Silvia Brown over 20 years ago before she died she gave prophecy about this virus, She is half right but she said after the second wave it will slowly disappear. She cannot do anything about it now. Funny how all the UFO people talking about doing time travel cannot get the cure and come back with it. So much bull out of all the speakers Man will never get what he needs out of life. Thinking someone could put up pictures of God. One would need to understand something very simple - why the Ten Commandments were even written. How is people cannot understand the difference between God and Gods. because Gods means deity or false gods. It does explain one's ego.

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
I think it's a matter of opinion, people can believe whether it's something that has to do with God or it had a completely different meaning. To me (From the information in this article) this thing, if it is something that has to do with God, was forbidden to make. There are many ways to interpret this.