260 kids and teens infected with COVID-19 at Georgia sleepaway camp

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
Well.... wasn't that just a coviasco. I smell lawyers already lining up.
Sadly, I agree, but if the conditions were made clear beforehand (e.g., masks would be worn by staff but not the campers) I don't think that lawsuit should have merit.

I am personally more interested in eventual outcomes. It seems COVID has evolved to be more contagious to a younger demographic, but also to be milder in general. If all or most of the infected campers (and potential family/friends they infected) only suffer mild symptoms, then it's possible that COVID has devolved into a flu-like virus and is no longer the grave threat that it was originally.

Aug 1, 2020
Visit site
I am personally more interested in eventual outcomes. It seems COVID has evolved to be more contagious to a younger demographic, but also to be milder in general. If all or most of the infected campers (and potential family/friends they infected) only suffer mild symptoms, then it's possible that COVID has devolved into a flu-like virus and is no longer the grave threat that it was originally.

It seems COVID has evolved to be more contagious to a younger demographic, but also to be milder in general. The younger and healthy demographic always had a practically non existent risk and being healthier in general, they're more likely to develop mild symptoms - the same as influenza. COVID was never a grave threat to society - that much was evident from the beginning with the ages and pre-existing health conditions of the ones who did die with the virus and it kept continuous throughout. At best, it's got nothing to do with evolution of the virus and everything to do with us knowing who the most at risk groups are and getting them to take the necessary precautions the same as they would against any pathogen while the rest of us get on with our lives - or at least try to without the interference from the doomsday parade.

Aug 2, 2020
Visit site
What it doesn't say if anyone was hospitalized, which I doubt. How will humans develop immunity without the strongest (in this case the youngest) becoming exposed to pass that immunity to their children.

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
This is the responsibility of a incompetent government allowing people and making irrational decisions to open up activities schools or camps without providing strict guidelines and also people that do not care knowing there is a pandemic to put lives of kids and others at risk being given leadership. Its like a roller coaster the media and the politicians one day claiming statistics are low the next day opening up infection spreads. Just does not work that way, people also need to be responsible but that has not been the case as discipline is required and masses do not like discipline whether it is black lives that matter walking and shouting hands in hand no masks based on their own choice or causing unrest or other. Everyone likes freedom but not the responsibility that comes with it.

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Why should staff but not students be required to wear masks ?

It has now been admitted by Dr Fauci that he knew masks protected the wearer but he did not advise the public of this early on because he feared there would be a mask shortage.

Also note the Georgia camp covid-19 infection rate of 76% is pretty much the same as on the USS Roosevelt for those not wearing masks 80%

The asympotmatic rates were of 26% and 18.5%.

A US Navy and CDC study of the USS Roosevelt crew that was infected with covid-19 showed that only 55% of those wearing masks caught covid-19 while 80% not wearing masks caught covid-19 and 18.5% of COVID-19 patients on Navy vessel were asymptomatic

There is other useful info in the study

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
if they had all worn masks would the results have been diffeernt?

If you look at the US Navy study in my earlier reply about mask wearers on the aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt - 50% of sailors who wore masks did not get covid-19 while 80% of those who did not ware masks caught covid-19.

It indicates that masks do help.

The sailors were not issolated for example some sailors continued to share sleeping accomodation with others who had tested positive.

This study is a retrospective view of what happened based on interviews and has supplementary info about some other factors and conditions encountered.