20 sci-fi movies and TV shows to binge watch on Netflix right now

I find it incredible that 2001: A Space Odyssey is not mentioned, nor is Blade Runner 2049, which is every bit as raw and visceral as the original. Unfortunately, 2049 continues the trend using Dave Bautista as the go to big guy and Dave is seen more and more in the same role. Also, there's no discussion about Prometheus, another superb Sci-Fi flick.

Perhaps they are not on Netflix, but still, they deserve a mention.

The Signal is absolutely superb and is a must watch. It is a sparkling, if occasionally tedious, production. Like 2001, its ending is mind blowing.

Being a STEM major for many years with a hobby in astrophysics, I can usually tell within a few minutes if the movie in question is worth continuing.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I find it incredible that 2001: A Space Odyssey is not mentioned, nor is Blade Runner 2049, which is every bit as raw and visceral as the original. Unfortunately, 2049 continues the trend using Dave Bautista as the go to big guy and Dave is seen more and more in the same role. Also, there's no discussion about Prometheus, another superb Sci-Fi flick.

Perhaps they are not on Netflix, but still, they deserve a mention.

The Signal is absolutely superb and is a must watch. It is a sparkling, if occasionally tedious, production. Like 2001, its ending is mind blowing.

Being a STEM major for many years with a hobby in astrophysics, I can usually tell within a few minutes if the movie in question is worth continuing.
I agree those are great films to consider, but this article is specifically about Netflix. Otherwise, there are also many other films and shows to add to the list.

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Snowpiercer is terrible! :) I couldn't control my outrage at this movie appearing, so i thought I'd add my opinion to counter the passionate, emotional acclaim for it shown in the article (joking). But really, the movie shouldn't be on here if "the Wandering Earth' isn't included... they are both in the same awkward, cliched and strangely disconnected style

I say nothing about Parasite, although I haven't felt very compelled to watch it tbh