150-year-old mystery of strange half-circles from Paleolithic site in France finally solved

Jun 3, 2023
Visit site
Why did it take men if science 150 years? I'm an anthropologist it took me reading less than half a paragraph of this article to know what those were. Its a 16 hour drive from France to the center of the African continent. They didn't think that maybe, just maybe, someone wondered up from the plains and traded Paleolithic Tech?? Or whatever era the antlers are from. Don't they teach logic, geography or history in school anymore?? Hire me to go look at these things all those men of knowledge are stumped on, bet ya a box of doughnuts I can tell you what at least a dozen are, the artifacts, not the doughnuts.
They seriously had to go throw spears with it to make them...I am tapping out here, from sheer exasperation.

Good Day.

Jun 4, 2023
Visit site
Jean M. Auel figured this out DECADES ago. She did MASSIVE research with her books. Go check out Plains of Passage or Shelter of Stone. She'll even tell you how to make it.

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
They seriously had to go throw spears with it to make them...I am tapping out here, from sheer exasperation.

Good Day.
The test with experiment part of the scientific method. "The experiments also showed that the wear on the replicas was similar to the wear seen on the open rings." That is what proved it to the people that thought they were ornaments.

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Jean M. Auel figured this out DECADES ago. She did MASSIVE research with her books. Go check out Plains of Passage or Shelter of Stone. She'll even tell you how to make it.
Figured what out ? The scientists know that atlatls were used to hunt big game. What they didn't know was that those rings were part of an atlatl rather than jewelry.