Ötzi the Iceman may have scaled ice-free Alps

Observer

BANNED
Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Many Alpine summits may have been ice-free before about 5,900 years ago.

Ötzi the Iceman may have scaled ice-free Alps : Read more

This article raises interesting questions about global warming which I asked about in another post

It would be good to hear some thoughtful comments on this subject. Here are my initial thoughts

Climate change researchers the media and others say that humans are changing the planet temperatures as never before in human history.

This is evidenced by glaciers melting we are told in ways never seen before in human history.

This new research published by live science from Austrian glaciers claims to show that glacier coverage in the Alps around 3300 BC was much less than today and may even have hardly existed except at the level of the very highest mountain tops

I assume if this is true this lack of glacier coverage was due to warmer temperatures around 3300BC

Humans did not cause the 3300BC warming, so what did ?

Could the same warming be happening now and why is this data not being discussed by climate change researchers even if to disprove it ?

Is there evidence from elsewhere of similar changes

The ecosytem is complicated and interconnected so we should be careful in assuming we know what will happen or why it is so

However whatever happens or the data shows we need to clean up the planet from our pollution including plastic waste and chemicals and live in harmony with nature.

When we pollute the planet we contaminate ourselves as the chemicals and plastics get into our water supply, food chain and the air we breathe.

This is not a political statement just an observation of what has happened.

Will Earth’s Temperature Start Decreasing % The Next 20,000 Years?

Our axial tilt last reached its maximum value nearly 11,000 years ago, corresponding to the end of our last glacial maximum, with our next minimum approaching in a little under 10,000 years. If natural variations were dominant, we’d expect the next ~20,000 years to favor the growth of ice sheets

The article on methane trapped in the sea bed and released by tides is also worth considering. Ironically rising sea levels may trap the methane and slow this green house gas.

Last edited: